Fedexcares.com March of Dimes 2013 Working together for stronger, healthier babies.
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Fedexcares.com March of Dimes 2013 Working together for stronger, healthier babies.
- Slide 1
- fedexcares.com March of Dimes 2013 Working together for stronger, healthier babies
- Slide 2
- Agenda Introduction & Opening Remarks Why March of Dimes How our Dollars Help Our 2013 Commitment Mobile Health Units FedEx #11 Toyota March for Babies Team Your Role in the Campaign Campaign Timeline
- Slide 3
- March of Dimes Mission To improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth and infant mortality Fund Research to understand the problem and discover answers. Help Moms have full-term pregnancies and healthy babies. Support Families by comforting them when their baby needs help to survive and thrive.
- Slide 4
- March of Dimes : A Trusted and Effective Partner #1 recognized major health charity by moms 96% of population knows March of Dimes 98% of moms know March of Dimes 91% overall positive impression In 2013 March of Dimes will celebrate its 75 th anniversary and its ongoing work to help all babies get a healthy start in life. About 4 million babies are born in the United States each year, and the March of Dimes has helped each and every one through research, education, vaccines, and breakthroughs
- Slide 5
- 75 yearsPolio to Prematurity 1938 March of Dimes founded by then President Franklin Delano Roosevelt to fight the disease of polio that paralyzed or killed tens of thousands of Americans, mostly children, every year 1955 March of Dimes research results in effective vaccine to eliminate threat of polio
- Slide 6
- More Breakthroughs 1973 March of Dimes researchers discover that alcohol consumption during pregnancy causes birth defects 1985 March of Dimes develops effective therapy to treat respiratory distress syndrome in newborns 1991 March of Dimes grantees identify gene responsible for the most common known cause of mental retardation
- Slide 7
- Major Research TopicFunding Premature Birth$31,711,772 Birth Defects$30,735,888 Intellectual Disability$18,637,040 Congenital Heart Defects$11,152,035 Diabetes and Kidney Disease$ 8,152,521 Lung Development and Disease$ 7,526,781 Spine and Brain Development$ 5,533,727 Autism$ 5,446,954 Cancer$ 4,484,909
- Slide 8
- Focus on Prematurity 1 in every 8 babies is born too soon. Almost 500,000 babies each year Many face serious life-long challenges 4,000 will not live to their 1 st birthday Costs Americans over $26.2 billion annually
- Slide 9
- How Our Funds Help FedEx corporate contribution supports March of Dimes Mobile Health Units which provide vital medical services to thousands of underserved moms-to-be every year.
- Slide 10
- FedEx and March for Babies FedEx employees have participated in the March for Babies campaign for over 30 years. Our participation is a testament to our commitment to our communities, and an opportunity to make a positive impact while having some fun! For the past 6 years, our FedEx #11 Toyota has been rebranded to help build awareness of March of Dimes mission
- Slide 11
- Appeals to Our Employees March of Dimes has touched the lives of many of our own FedEx family. Our team members rally in support of their colleagues. The opportunity to engage in community service projects through the workplace is perceived as a benefit by employees. Team activities help us network and boost employee morale. Employees are proud to work for a company that supports causes they care about.
- Slide 12
- Your Role Take charge Recruit passionate & dedicated volunteers to lead the campaign in their location Work together Partner those volunteers with their local March of Dimes staff to support your every step Spread the word Let everyone know what were doing, why their support is necessary. Use materials found on Fedexcares.com to communicate the mission and our team plans Motivate your team Help your team captains identify fundraising activities that will work best in their workplace environment. Hold team captains calls to share best practices. Provide regular status reports. Make it a rewarding experience Celebrate & reward accomplishments. Participate with colleagues, family & friends at March for Babies events
- Slide 13
- Timeline Campaign Dates - March 1 April 30 Identify site leads - February 22 Hold kick-off call with site leads February 28 Conduct site presentations March 1 Recruit team captains for each site March 15 Provide updates/Hold calls with team captains March April Rally team on Walk Day April (Memphis Walk-April 27) Share team results and send thank yous May-June
- Slide 14
- Thank You!!