February 20-22, 2009 The Super Bowl of Bass Fishing.
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of February 20-22, 2009 The Super Bowl of Bass Fishing.
- Slide 1
- February 20-22, 2009 The Super Bowl of Bass Fishing
- Slide 2
- Slide 3
- What is the Bassmaster Classic? The Bassmaster Classic is the ultimate competition in professional bass fishing. This spectacular three-day event - complete with a theatrical presentation of the weigh-ins and hours of television coverage - delights fans of all ages.
- Slide 4
- The Bassmaster Classic was started in 1971 at Lake Mead, Nevada. Its been held in communities such as: Greenville, South Carolina Birmingham, Alabama New Orleans, Louisiana Pittsburg, Pennsylvania BASS has 525,000 members nationwide. It offers a wide array of services to them, while spearheading progressive, positive change on issues related to conservation and water access.
- Slide 5
- The Event: For 40 years, BASS has served as the authority on bass fishing. The organization oversees the prestigious Bassmaster tournament trail, which includes: Bassmaster Elite Series Bassmaster Opens Women's Bassmaster Tour Bassmaster Classic - the ultimate celebration of competitive fishing
- Slide 6
- One of Bass most popular events is the Classic, in which 51 of the worlds top anglers compete for a $500,000 first place prize over three days of fishing. Classic fans are loyal and diehard. They travel in large numbers to the host city. Estimated attendance of past Classic events is 60,000 fans.
- Slide 7
- Economic Impact: $24 million average economic impact* *Figure does not take into account the long-term effects of positive television coverage seen by a very large audience nor is print media coverage considered.
- Slide 8
- 2009 Event Highlights: Shreveport-Bossier is the host city for the 2009 Classic. The event will be held, February 20-22. Red River South Marina will be the official launch site. The Shreveport Convention Center will be the site of the 2009 Bassmaster Classic Outdoor Expo. CenturyTel Center will be the official weigh-in site.
- Slide 9
- Daily Launches presented by Red River Waterway Commission Come see the daily launches of the 39th Bassmaster Classic on the Red River at the Red River South Marina Daily7:15 a.m.
- Slide 10
- Bassmaster Classic Outdoors Expo Featuring the top retailers in the outdoors industry, the Expo allows fishing fans to browse through the latest and greatest in outdoors and fishing product and technology. The Expo includes interactive elements, a family-friendly atmosphere and the chance to visit with Bassmaster Elite Series anglers. Show hours FridayNoon 9:00 p.m. Saturday10:00 a.m. 7:00 p.m. Sunday10:00 a.m. 4:00 p.m.
- Slide 11
- Daily Weigh-In Fans can watch as the 51 Bassmaster Classic anglers weigh their daily catches vying for a top prize of $500,000. Weigh-ins feature pre-show activities, giveaways from BASS sponsors, fan interaction and more. Daily3:30 p.m. Admission to all events is free!
- Slide 12
- 70,000 estimated fan attendance per day* *An average of 70 percent of the spectator crowd comes from outside a 50-mile radius of a host city.
- Slide 13
- More than 5,000 hotel room nights utilized
- Slide 14
- 10 hours total ESPN coverage
- Slide 15
- Worldwide print media coverage
- Slide 16
- Broadcast live from the Red River South Marina. Friday, Feb. 20 from 5 9 a.m. ESPN Radios Mike & Mike in the Morning
- Slide 17
- Slide 18
- Mardi Gras Events during the Bassmaster Classic: Feb. 20: Krewe of Gemini Float Loading Party Gemini Float Den. Feb. 20: Krewe of Highland Bal Masque Randle T. Moore Center. Feb. 21: Krewe of Gemini Mardi Gras Parade Begins at corner of Lake Street and Clyde Fant Parkway, proceeding south down the parkway to Shreveport- Barksdale Highway, then west to East Kings Highway, from East Kings Highway to Preston Street. Feb. 22: Krewe of Highland Mardi Gras Parade The parade begins at Byrd High School and ends at Columbia Park where Carnival de Columbia takes place.
- Slide 19
- Economic Impact of Mardi Gras: 400,000 participants Almost 50% are overnight visitors $17 million direct economic impact
- Slide 20
- Tourism Stats: 9,000 Hotel Rooms 11,000 Employees 50 Attractions 200 Local Restaurants 100 Local Shops Gardens of the American Rose Center
- Slide 21
- Transportation: There will be free parking and shuttles to the Shreveport Convention Center, the CenturyTel Center, and the Red River South Marina.
- Slide 22
- Slide 23
- Ambassador Services: Ambassador stations will be set up at all 3 public venues - Shreveport Convention Center, CenturyTel Center and Red River South Marina. Stations will also be set up at the 5 host hotels - Hilton Shreveport, Eldorado Casino and Hotel, Sam's Town Casino and Hotel, Clarion Hotel, and DiamondJacks Casino and Hotel
- Slide 24
- At the stations visitors will be able to secure: Insert produced by The Times of Shreveport that has all of the tournament details Local maps Visitor guides Valuable coupons for local restaurants, businesses, and attractions. AmBASSadors will provide a number of services to visitors such as: Make telephone dinner reservations Provide driving directions Answer general tourist questions Provide menus from local restaurants provide stickers to the wait staff of local restaurants and to anyone who wants to show their support of the event
- Slide 25
- We are accepting volunteers for 4 hour shifts. Anyone interested can contact Erin Habich at the tourist bureau. If you are a restaurant, business or attraction and would like to provide a coupon for this event can contact Suzanne Manfredi at the tourist bureau by January 26 if you are interested in participating. You must print and deliver your coupons ready to be distributed by February 2.
- Slide 26
- Get ready for customers! The Bassmaster Classic takes place during another one of our cities' major economic engines - Mardi Gras! Research shows that an estimated 400,000 people attend a parade in Shreveport-Bossier during Mardi Gras, about half of whom are overnight visitors. With another 70,000 estimated attendees for the Bassmaster Classic, you'll want to make sure your business is prepared!
- Slide 27