Fans and Followers for Tourism
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Fans and Followers for Tourism
Discussions on New Orleans tourism accounts in social media
“Facebook is a community for people to share & engage with a brand and each other, while Twitter is a constant broadcast that is great for customer service.”
“Facebook is cozy night on the couch with good friends. Twitter is a great party full of interesting people to meet.”
“Facebook is a mini web portal for your business that can be customized to create a great user experience while Twitter is an excellent research and broadcast tool for resources and linking to other destinations.”
“Facebook is a community that encourages you to stay and explore. Twitter is a tool that sends quick info and links you to out to other communities.”
Numbers37,541 Total Facebook Fans (+586)
15,560 Total Twitter Followers (+652)799 Total Twitter Lists (+44)
1,758 Total Flickr Group Photos (+44)195 Flickr Group Members (+5)
480 NOTMC Owned Flickr Photos (+280)606 Total YouTube Subscribers (+22)
105 Blip.fm Listeners (+2)
• FSC posts roughly 4-6 times every day on Facebook including at least 2 pictures
• In August we had 546 total posts or 17.6 posts per day on Twitter
Stats on New Orleans
On Facebook, NOTMC has anywhere between 6,000 and 7,000 daily active users. In August, there were over 2,000,000 post views on Facebook and over 8,711 interactions on posts. This is according to Facebook Insights. On Twitter – in the month of August 2011 NOTMC had a daily average of 42.5 interactions on Twitter. This is from Raven.
Most recently the highest level of engagement was on a photo of Jackson Square - 118 likes and 23 comments on Facebook.
Posts like this have the highest engagement levels because they resonate with people – they touch something inside them that makes them yearn to be back in New Orleans.
Anyone can post travel deals and information about the city, not everyone can give you a 360 degree view of your city from the inside out.
Building Fans: NOTMCFacebook Ads • Method: NOTMC developed 50 Favorite Places in New Orleans –
a check-in leaderboard on Facebook that allows fans to check-in to their favorite NOLA spots and let everyone on Facebook know.
• Targeting: People who were 21+ in US who are current fans, people in the US who were 21+ who are not fans, people in New Orleans who were 21+ and not fans
• Duration: One month• Total clicks on the ads: 6,124 • Total Impressions: 10,389,812• Results: Over 50,000 Checkins on the Facebook leader board in
less than one month • Total Cost: $3,750
FSC created two Facebook Ads to drive traffic to the page, one for people currently connected to the New Orleans by New Orleans Online Facebook Page and one for anyone outside of Louisiana who was not already connected to a New Orleans page.
In less just three weeks GoNOLA.com's Facebook Page had 1,100 new Facebook Fans and currently has over 5,700 fans.
Gaining Facebook Fans
• Building Fans: Hotel Monteleone• Facebook Contests • Tool: ShortStack• Contest Name: History, Holidays & Hotel Monteleone• Prize: Roundtrip airfare for two to New Orleans, two night stay in a suite
at the Hotel Monteleone and more.• Duration: September 7 – Present (contest ends Nov. 4, 2011)• Visits to date: 6,965• Entries to date: 2,148• Total Cost: Free
The contest was built using ShortStack, a free Facebook app that allows for customized tab build out. Using Facebook and Twitter updates, as well as including it in monthly e-newsletters and on the website, the contest has generated 2,148 entries to date and has helped the Hotel Monteleone gain 1,897 new fans and 246 interactions including Likes and Comments. We have experienced 0 unfollows and engagement continues to grow.
• Tool: Wildfire • Contest Name: Life, Literature & Hotel Monteleone• Prize: Roundtrip airfare for two to New Orleans, two night stay in a literary
suite at the Hotel Monteleone and more.• Duration: February 1 – April 25, 2011• Visits: 5,403• Entries: 2,324• Total Cost: $300
The contest was built using Wildfire and lived on a customized tab on the Hotel Monteleone’s Facebook wall. Using Facebook and Twitter updates as well as including it in monthly e-newsletters and on the website the contest generated 2,324 entries and gained the Hotel Monteleone 955 new fans and 73 interactions including Likes and Comments. We experienced 0 unfollows during that time.
• Put out useful information and link to other social communities
• Make it a conversation, respond to people and seek out targeted keywords to join the conversations
• Be a resource• Follow influencers and other travel profiles• Integrate the messaging with other social platforms,
but customize for Twitter language• Be careful about scheduling or not responding• Use as a customer service tool
“Likes” Not Required?Timeline?Privacy?
Changes FSC is Watching
FSC Interactive1943 Sophie Wright Place
New Orleans, LA 70130t. 504.894.8011f. 504.894.8012