Expressionism Yasmeen Wadi
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Expressionism Yasmeen Wadi
- 1. Expressionism 1905-1945 Yasmeen Wadi Art Appreciation T&Th 10a.m.-11:20 a.m.
2. Prominent Artist
- Jackson Pollock
- Wassily Kandinsky
- George Grosz
- Paul Klee
- Alfred Kubin
- Franz Marc
- Jules Pascin
- Amadeo Modigliani
3. What is Expressionism?
- Originated in Germany.
- artist is free to move beyond the limitations of objective subject matter and to concentrate on the feeling and impact derived from the artists inspiration.
- took inspiration from Symbolism, Fauvism, and Cubism in
- found its roots in two groups of German painters, Die Bruecke and Der Blaue Reiter.
- sought to reveal inner, spiritual and emotional foundations of human existence, rather than the external, surface appearances depicted by the Impressionists.
5. Jose Manuel Merello.Women with Cat. 2006 a. 6. Joseph Hirsch, Lynch Family, 1946 b. 7. Joseph Minton, Deprivation, 2007 c. 8. Joseph Minton, The Beckoning, 2008 d. 9. Jackson Pollock, No. 5 , 1948 e. 10. Wassily Kandinsky, Farbstudie Quadrate, 1913 f. 11. Amedeo Modigilani, Portrait of a Young Girl g. 12. Work Cited