Embed Size (px)
Transcript of English Owls
- 1. Owls By:Anna B., Judit F., Clara C. and Maria V.
2. Birds of prey
- Owls are an order of birds of prey. Most are solitary, and nocturnal, with some exCeptions ( the Borrowing Owl).
3. It`s time for eat
- Owls mostly hunt small mammals, insects and others birds.
4. Eurasian Eagle Owl
- The largest owls are the two of the eagle owls, the Eurasian Eagle Owl and Blakistons Fish Owl, which may reach a size of 60-71 cm long, have a wingspan of almost 2 m, and a weight of nearly 4.5kg.
5. Owl eggs
- Owl eggs are usually white and almost spherical, and range in number from a few to a dozen, depending on species. The eggs are laid in intervals of 1-3 days and do not hatch at the same time.
6. Parts of the body 7. Size and weight
- Female average lenght: 37cm. Wingspan: 100cm.Weight:282 g.
- Male average Length:34cm. Wingspan: 96cm.Weight:259 g.
- The main advertisement call of the male is a low hoo, hoo...,repeated 10 to 200 times, with one note every 2 to 3 seconds. The female responds with a raspy buzz call, and often duets with the male. Calling occurs almost always during nocturnal hours.
- When alarmed, long-eared owls bark week,week... or shriek like a cat.
Voice 9. Elf owl
- The smallest owl is the Elf Owl, at as 31g and 13.5 cm.
10. Snowy owl 11. By: Anna, Clara, Judit and Maria