Emotional Health and Wellbeing Service Anne Pledger Emotional Health & Wellbeing Manager.
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Emotional Health and Wellbeing Service Anne Pledger Emotional Health & Wellbeing Manager.
Emotional Health and Wellbeing Service
Anne PledgerEmotional Health & Wellbeing Manager
• More than just happiness...• overall well-being involves both the mind and
the body. • Having good self-esteem and self-confidence,
feelings of contentment, enjoyment, confidence and engagement with the world
• Feeling you have the resilience to cope when times are tougher than usual
• Feeling good and functioning well
What is emotional wellbeing?
Emotional Health & Wellbeing ServiceOne to one support:•The service offers psycho-education and guided self-help using Cognitive Behavioural Approaches with individuals on a one to one basis with a focus on improving emotional wellbeing•Up to eight sessions of structured guided self-help with a Health Trainer for Emotional Health and Wellbeing, covering the following topics:
Initial Assessment Stress Bucket Five Ways to Wellbeing Sleep Hygiene Breathing Exercises Relaxation / Mindfulness Managing Difficult Situations Problem Solving Goal Setting
• Low mood• Lack of motivation• Sleep disturbances• Eating too much / too little• Difficulty in concentrating• Lack of energy
• Heart racing, trembling / shaking, feeling breathless, restless, changes in appetite, mind racing / going blank, wanting to run away, avoiding situations
Based on Brabben and Turkington (2002)
Stress Vulnerability Bucket
Stress relief / protective factors
Staying out late clubbing, not getting enough sleep
Stress of exams
Debts building up
*Activity*Think about what is
contributing to your stresses currently and how you relieve / put down your
Introducing the Five Ways to Wellbeing
One Minute Meditation
Thank you for listening,any questions?