Embed Size (px)
Transcript of emotion wall
- 1. Emotion Wall Name: Tswelelo Keteng ID NO:1061109509
- Emotional expression is one of the most aspects of everyday human communication
- As human beings we all need attention to reveal our inner thoughts, feelings, and emotions.
- The more attention given can lead to positive feeling (happiness) as compared to lesser attention, which can lead to negative feelings (sadness)
- Emotions are seen as a complex network, which consists of a variety of mood, thoughts and feelings.
- When I try to visualize emotions I do not see one single lump but rather something that is complicated and unique.
4. AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To let people feel and enjoy the two emotions revealed in an abstract and interesting way.
- To show how space, population can be tied together to reveal emotions
- These installation attempts on modeling everyday human emotions (sadness and happiness) and controlling them through human presence finally creating visuals that correspond to the intensity of the emotions
- The installation will accommodate up to ten people (maximum) and minimum will be one person
- Ten people will display the happiest moodwhile one person will display sad mood
- when two people are being detected the level of sadness will improve a bit, three person the installation start to become happy and so on .
- As the number of participant's presence is being detected in the installation respective animations will be displayed on the wall.
- The animations speed will also change in pace from slower to faster depending on the mood, sad will show slow animation and happy will show the fastest animations.
- The installation keep into consideration the types of sound to use. The sound played along side the animations matches them accordingly;
- Sadness: Low-pitched sound, slow tempo sounds will be played on the background
- Happiness: high pitched sound, fast tempo sounds will be played
- Colours change according to emotions, from dull colors to brighter colors. The colors wheel guide the colors used for the emotions.
- Sadness: for sadness the installation will show dull colors such as black, grey , dark blue and so on
- Happiness: for happiness the installation will show bright colors such as orange, yellow, lime, violet
10. FLOOR CHART 11. INTERFACE Main page 12. INTERFACE 13. INTERFACE 14. INTERFACE 15. INTERFACE 16. INTERFACE 17. TECHNIQUE
- The installation uses a wall projection where peoples movement are captured by the webcams.
- There are 10 hotspots which are marked on the floor and as soon as the hot spot is activated zone trigger communicate with flash to determine which animation to be displayed
- The technique used here is a multiple key press detection, which was programmed in adobe flash
- SOFTWARES USED ARE:
- Adobe Photoshop: for creation of the graphics and digitalinterfaces
- Adobe after effect: for the creation of animations, adding other special effects and sounds
- Adobe flash: for coding and programming the application
- Webcam zone trigger: for motion detection
- HARDWARE USED ARE:
- Computer: was used for the entire process of developing the project
- Projector: for projecting visuals on he wall
- Two web cams: to capture participantmovement
- Speakers: for sound output
- Throughout the process of developing the project certain problems were encountered, which include;
- Software problems
- Delayed detection
- Camera configurations
- Cross platforms- mac to windows
21. FUTURE PLANS/IMPROVEMENTS
- To use a more accurate and smooth way for motion detection
- To use one platform e.g. windows or mac only
22. THANK YOU