eLearning Technologies, Training & Open Education - WAOE Presentation
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of eLearning Technologies, Training & Open Education - WAOE Presentation
- 1. eLearning Technologies, Training and Open Educational Resources Alissa Sells Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges May 8th, 2015
- 2. eLearning Core Technologies Canvas Learning Management System (LMS) Panopto Lecture Capture Collaborate Web-Conferencing and Collaboration
- 3. Canvas by Instructure https://community.canvaslms.com/welcome Canvas is a cloud-based learning management system (LMS) that has been adopted by all 34 Washington State community and technical colleges. It is a next generation LMS that allows integration of multiple instructional tools like Collaborate and Panopto. It can be used for online instruction, advising, campus groups, professional development, training, content archives, and much more!
- 4. Canvas Classroom
- 5. Panopto http://www.waol.org/panopto Panopto is a cloud-based lecture capture service that supports recording and viewing of on- demand recordings using a desktop or mobile device. The SBCTC contract allows for unlimited use of Panopto by our system colleges. Panopto is integrated with Canvas. It can be used for live instruction via web-casting or asynchronous instruction via playback of recordings.
- 6. Panopto Recorder
- 7. Panopto Player
- 8. Collaborate http://goo.gl/g3pWFq Blackboard Collaborate is a web-conferencing tool. SBCTC eLearning funds unlimited use of the Blackboard Collaborate web-conferencing system for system colleges. Collaborate is integrated with Canvas. The tool has a variety of uses like online office hours, meetings, webinars, synchronous instruction, and asynchronous instruction via playback of recordings.
- 9. Collaborate Room
- 10. eLearning Training Intro to Canvas Using Canvas for Instruction Quality Matters Building Quality eLearning Courses IGNIS Peer-to-Peer Sharing and Collaboration How to Use OER Finding, Using, and Sharing OER
- 11. Intro to Canvas http://goo.gl/Bo9Sfk SBCTC eLearning offers a 3-week online training course free of charge to faculty and staff affiliated with the Washington Community and Technical College system. The course covers the basics of using the Canvas learning management system. This asynchronous course is designed for instructors who have never used the Canvas learning management system or who are just getting started.
- 12. Intro to Canvas
- 13. Quality Matters http://goo.gl/cTlyBK Quality Matters (QM) is a faculty-centered, peer review process designed to certify the design quality of online courses and online components. The program is centered on the idea of continuous improvement. SBCTC eLearning funds a portion of Quality Matters training and certification for each system college, each year.
- 14. Quality Matters
- 15. IGNIS http://goo.gl/buCpEl Ignis is the Latin word for ignite or spark. To us, it means imagination, genius, new understanding, innovation and sharing. This webinar series features faculty, staff, and administrators from Washington state CTCs who are successfully integrating technology into their instruction to improve student learning. The next season begins in February 2016.
- 16. IGNIS
- 17. How to Use OER Training http://goo.gl/Z5sxgP The purpose of this course is to provide information and experience in using open educational resources (OER) in facultys teaching practice. This training is fully online, 2-weeks long, facilitated, and asynchronous.
- 18. Open Education SBCTC supports and promotes Open Educational Resources (OER) policies and initiatives by managing projects and practices. Policies and practices are designed to increase access to open resources and eLearning tools for system faculty, staff and students.
- 19. SBCTC Open Policy http://goo.gl/WzNFdF All digital content created or funded by SBCTC, or produced by grant funds managed by SBCTC, should be released under the Creative Commons Attribution license.
- 20. Open Washington www.openwa.org An open educational resources (OER) network dedicated to providing easy pathways for faculty to apply OER in their teaching practice. Major features include: Learn OER Find OER Attribution Builder OER Stories
- 21. Open Attribution Builder openwa.org/open-attrib-builder An application to help you easily cite open material you find. As you fill out the online form, the attribution is automatically generated for you.
- 22. Open Course Library opencourselibrary.org/ The Open Course Library (OCL) is a collection of shareable course materials by teams of college faculty, instructional designers and librarians. OCL materials are paired with low cost textbooks ($30 or less). Many of the courses can be taught at no cost to students.
- 23. Alissa Sells eLearning Program Administrator firstname.lastname@example.org 425.239.0456 @WAeLearning Boyoung Chae eLearning & Open Education Policy Associate email@example.com 360.704.1011 Unless otherwise specified, IGNIS content is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Unported License.