- 1. By Brad & Eilidh ! 1D3 1p11 Mr Arthur S1 African Adventure
3. Egypt !!!
- About 5,000 years ago, a remarkable way of life, or civilization, grew up along the banks of the Nile River in Egypt. People started living in Egypt around 10,000 years ago, longer than most other civilizations in the world's history. It has many exciting attractions for travellers , such as The Pyramids, the Sphinx, the tomb of young King Tut but there are many attractions that interest and excite people of all ages
- There are 77,505,756 people living in Egypt
- Egyptians Mainly Speak Arabic
- About 95 % of Egypt's population live at the Nile valley (the area next to the river).
6. Charity Projects
- SOS Childrens Village is one of
- many charity projects in Egypt
7. Egyptian Writing
- The Egyptian writing is called hieroglyphics
- It is made up of pictures and letters.
- There are more than 700 hieroglyphs. Some pictures stand for whole words.
- Egyptian writing is done with pen and ink on fine paper (papyrus).
- Hieroglyphs is made from two Greek words: Hieros meaning holy,
- Glyphe meaning writing. So hieroglyph means holy writing.
- Animals You Will Find In Egypt
- More than 90 percent of Egypt is made up of desert areas.
- The two main deserts in Egypt are:
- The Libyan Desert (also known as the Western Desert) in the west, partof the Sahara desert
- The Arabian Desert (also called the Eastern Desert), which borders the Red Sea and the Gulf of Suez, in the east.
- The Egyptians believed that if the pharaoh's body could be mummified after death the pharaoh would live forever. The tombs were designed to protect the buried Pharaoh's body and his belongings.
- Most of the pyramids can be found on the western side of the Nile River, just into the dry desert.
- The Great Pyramid is the largest and most famous of the pyramids. It was built for the Pharaoh Khuf. It is over 140 metres high and took 20 years to build.
- The Sphinx is known as the guard of the Pyramids, which stands in front of all the pyramids in Egypt. It has the body of a lion and the head of a pharaoh.
11. Famous People
- The Egyptian Parliament sits in Cairo and makes laws for the whole country.
- Today, the President is Hosni Mubarak.
- Queen Hatshepsut - the woman Pharaoh
12. Interesting Facts
- Egypt is divided into 27 areas, called Governorates of Egypt.
- The Egyptian calendar, which was 365 days long and started on the day that Sirius rose in line with the sun was instituted around 4,241 B.C.
- The official name of Egypt is Arab Republic of Egypt.
- Egyptians created glass and faience objects.
- Ancient Egyptians used to play a game, using large stones set up as pins and small stones as a ball, which was quite similar to the bowling we do today.
13. Pictures !!! 14. Thanks 4 Watching!!!