eGrove Systems Review - "Native Vs Hybrid Apps"
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of eGrove Systems Review - "Native Vs Hybrid Apps"
- 1. Native vs. Hybrid Apps MAY 2016 777 Washington Road #5 Parlin, NJ 08859 Phone: 732 307 2655 Email: [email protected]
- 2. 2 4 2 Hybrid App 1 Native App 3 Performance 5 Budget 6 8 User experience Important Hybrid Issues Multiple Platform support Contents Native Features 7
- 3. PC 1. Native Application
- 4. 4 1 Native App Development IOS Android
- 5. 5 1 Native App Development PROS CONS High performance Native UI elements Better user experience Easier access to built in capabilities Needs more than one language Separate code base Timely & expensive development
- 6. PC 2. Hybrid Application
- 7. 7 2 Hybrid App Development
- 8. 8 2 Hybrid App Development PROS CONS Quick development One code base Low price Low performance Design User experience Depends on third party plugins
- 9. PC 3. Performance
- 10. 10 3 Performance How important is mobile app performance? Source: Dynatrace.com
- 11. 11 3 Hybrid apps running on HTML and depends on DOM. You cannot build a 60fps scrolling list view with DOM. - Flipboard Performance
- 12. PC 4. Budget
- 13. 13 4 Do we have enough budget? Budget Facebook Example If you have enough money and your revenue depends on this app.. Then go for Native! If you have limited budget go for Hybrid.
- 14. PC 5. User Experience
- 15. 15 5 User Experience Do you want to provide the best user experience? Source: Dynatrace.com
- 16. 16 5 User Experience Do you want to provide the best user experience? Users will expect a great experience. They do not care what approach your team decided to take.
- 17. PC 6. Multiple Platform Support
- 18. 18 6 Multiple Platform Support Do you need multiple platform right away? If you have less time to develop multiple platform and you want MVP*, then choose Hybrid. Instagram took two years to develop an Android version. Minimum Viable Product
- 19. PC 7. Native Features Support
- 20. 20 7 Native Features Support Do you want to use native features? If your app is heavy on native phone capability then Native app development will work best. Hybrid apps depends on 3rd party plugins and various Android versions.
- 21. PC 8. Hybrid Issues - Important
- 22. 22 8 Hybrid Issues More code = More Problem Android device diversity Plugin limitations
- 23. Thank you