Education success factors
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Education success factors
- 1. London, January 11 st 2008 Promoting Education in the Digital Age The Spanish experience
- 2. Contents 1 Introduction 2 Programs in progress 3 Success Factors
- 3. Red.es Education in the Digital Age red.es is working on a daily basis to promote the development of the Information Society by carrying out programmes defined in the Avanza Plan DGTTI SETyC The Minister's Cabinet Sub-secretariat SGI SGE SETSI (Secretary of State for Telecommunications and the Information Society) red . es DGDSI Public company attached to the Ministry of Industry Health... Justice...
- 4. Context Red.es, public administrations connection hub to launch, strengthen and complement actions to promote ICTs in Education: The combination of effort, territorial cohesion and the sharing of initiatives ICT Solution Providers 17 Regional Administrations Central Administration
- 7,000,000 non-university students
- 500,000 non-university teachers
- 20,000 public and subsidised centres
- 50 public universities
- 70,000 university teachers
- 1,400,000 university students
- 5. 2003 Internet in Schools (272 M, red.es : 130 M) Introduction of ICTs in education centres by provisionning of a homogeneous standard quality infrastructure (broadband, LAN, computer room) 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 Internet in the Classroom ( 453* M, red.es : 175.5 M ) Effective introduction of ICTs in the teaching-learning process (classroom equipment, digital contents, applications and training) Network of Advanced Education Centres for ICT use (2.6 M red.es) National Network of 44 experimentation centres to innovate and test the integration of ICTs in the classroom Programmes in progress Campus Online 7.8 M, red.es: 4.3 M ) Rollout of wireless networks in universities and mobility services between universities * 100 M as loans from the SETSI ENSEA (6 M red.es) Onsite ICT courses and support services aimed at teachers, teacher trainers and families www.planavanza.es
- 6. Internet in Schools Infrastructures Broadband connectivity, local area networks and computer rooms Students per connected PC Centres with local area network PCs Broadband centres THE PLANNED OBJECTIVES HAVE BEEN EXCEEDED! 272 M
- 7. Network of advanced centres for ICT use National network of 44 innovative centres with more than 1,000 teachers and 11,000 pupils
- Comprehensive project making it possible:
- To evaluate ICT solutions in the process to integrate them in the classroom.
- To offer guidelines to help to define educational policy .
- To identify the most appropriate didactic-technological scenario according to the kind of centre.
- To show the advantages of the use of ICTs in teaching and learning.
- 8. Internet in the Classroom (IiC): 5 action lines Action Lines 1 5 2 4 3 Equipment and infrastructure for the classroom + Maintenance (SLA) Training material Dynamization Monitoring and Evaluation Digital Content and Applications Laptops... PCs... Projectors... Interactive whiteboards... Training materials... Ensea Digital content... Programs... Summer Congress Agrega
- 9. IiC-1: Infrastructure Executed: 46% of the total Mobility and shared use No. of laptops Projectors Interactive whiteboards Peripheral equipment Wifi networks Equipment provided for effective use in the classroom 128 M
- 10. IiC-2: Digital contents and Applications Standard Open source Scalability Sharing (Nodes Federation) National standard + Contents Development + Sharing among administrations LOM-ES : is a LOM application profile developed in Spain to describe a learning object and similar digital resources used to support learning. It is a LOM metadata schema extension. A XML binding has also been developed. Creating and cataloguing Digital Learning Objects (creative commons licenses) Learning federation: accessing and sharing of digital learning objects using interoperability standards by regional nodes - AGREGA 4.3 M 3.7 M
- 11. IiC-2: Applications AGREGA = It is a federation of regional learning nodes repositories that provide teachers and pupils access to world-class online curriculum digital learning content using advanced interoperability technologies
- 12. IiC-2: Contents
- Modular Contents allow the teacher to use them according to his needs in the classroom.
- Can be accesed from a browser, CD/DVD or LMS
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines compliant.
- Dialogues and texts multi-lingual (spanish, english and co-oficial spanish languages)
- Under SCORM packaging and LOM-ES cataloguing
- Developed under Creative Commons Licenses
- 13. IiC-3: Training, two actions in progress Producing training materials aimed at preparing the teaching community, through different training categories, for the use and educational application of ICTs Training materials 1 Offering onsite courses and support services in the use of ICTs aimed at teachers, teacher trainers and families, to complement and reinforce actions already being offered by the Educational Administrations Ensea 2 4.3 M 6 M
- 14. Teachers need training in the didactic use of ICTs Integrating ICTs into the classroom's daily activities requires actions aimed at training in the effective and efficient use of technology
- They allow a new approach the creation of a skills map
- Commitment to methodological training didactic proposals applied in the classroom
- They are flexible and modular and adapt to the teacher's requirements
- flexible they have 3 levels of difficulty
- modular they are divided in independent training modules
- Training categories for self-training, online tutoring, in-class teaching
- Based on unified criteria usability, accessibility and interoperability
- Created in accordance with the creative commons licensing system
- Catalogued under the LOM-ES standard and packaged according to reference model SCORM 2004 Multiplatform
- PRIVATE SECTOR: Definition and Implementation
- Technical-Pedagogical Office : definition
- Producers : Preparation of training materials
- EDUCATIONAL ADMINISTRATION: Guidance and validation
- Authorities of Ministry of Education and of the Education
- Departments (17 regions)
- Experts of wide renown
- 16. IiC-3: Training - Ensea Teachers who need to improve their skills in the use of the technological resources and Teacher trainers who need to know the advanced use of technological resources Families that need to know the technologies available in the education centres
- As a complement and reinforcement of the Training actions that the Educational Administrations are offering.
- 17. 1 Preparation and updating of a