Embed Size (px)
Transcript of ECHO updates
- 1. Updates on DIPECHO Programming in South East Asia
- 2. Global update DRR Policy DIPECHO & the Resilience ToolBox Accountability - mandate / exit / documentation Gender Policy + Gender & Age markers
- 3. Guiding Principles for ECHOs DRR Actions From upcoming policy 1. DRR is a key part of the Humanitarian Imperative; 2. With a focus on natural hazards, ECHO adopts a multi-hazard approach; 3. ECHO promotes a people-centred approach; 4. ECHO requires programmes to be risk-informed; 5. ECHO seeks complementarity and partnership fully aligned to our Resilience Commitment!
- 4. 1,569,415 Beneficiaries: 149,042 Handicap cons. 599,415 OXFAM-GB 970,000 859,626 Beneficiaries: 36,245 OXFAM-BEL 431,000 HPA 428,626 2,100,000 Beneficiaries: 1,211,924 GIZ 800,000 ACH cons. 1,300,000 1,650,000 Beneficiaries: 336,633 Action Aid cons. 1,800,000 Beneficiaries: 109,206 NLRC/FRC 350,000 CARE-DEU cons. 760,000 CARE-DEU JANI cons 340,000 DWF 350,000 1,470,000 Beneficiaries: 62,679 DCA cons. 1,050,000 PLAN cons. 420,000 Regional: 950,000 Beneficiaries: 16,517 ASEAN AADMER 600,000 IFRC 350,000 Multi-country (Cambodia & Philippines): Beneficiaries: 15,800 Disaster Preparedness Programme (DIPECHO) for South East Asia 2012-2013
- 5. Regional Update DPRK: DM/DRR Workshop, June 2013 EXIT Criteria and Strategy documenting and sharing of the process. HIP 2014/2015 -Specific Consultation / Partners meeting in Lao PDR, Cambodia, Vietnam. In Myanmar and the Philippines, discussions took place within existing coordination mechanisms. -New format -Information meetings in BKK and country -Timeframe -Content
- 6. ECHO & RC in SEA -Country projects have reduced in number any RC strategy on this? Any lessons learned? How do you share expertise / knowledge ? harmonisation of DRR approaches? -Coordination, joint work and linkages with other DIPECHO partners challenging when regional/multi country initiatives IFRC / ECHO dialogue in BXL June 2013? Outcomes? RC Family strategy for SEA 2014/2015? Common goals? Action plans? Country strategies?
- 7. THANK YOU!