Drupal backend and admin
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Drupal backend and admin
Drupal Backendand Admin
About me: Oleksandr(Alex) Milkovskyi
● Drupal Developer at Bright Solutions GmbH
● Student at FH Technikum Wien● Met Drupal in January 2010● 2010-2012: Drupal Frontend Developer,
Themer, Sitebuilder● 2012-2014: Drupal Backend Developer● https://drupal.org/user/1761220
How to properly setup ● Drupal administration backend ● administration area, ● permissions, ● roles. Useful modules for admins and content managers.
● How do you usually setup Drupal backend for the end user?
● Developers that deliver projects to the end customer just with the superuser($uid=1).
● Is it good or bad?
● Drupal is powerful framework, provides a plenty of ways for customization
● But does the customer need access to all this settings?
The customer wants to see in the website backend:● only things that he already can understand● the words that he uses in his business
For example: ● not “taxonomy terms” but “Catalog
categories”, “Brands”● not “content types” but “News”, “Products”,
Roles● Superuser($uid=1) - user only for development(not a
role)● Developer - administration role● Administrator - content manager role. Has only
permissions to manage general site settings, some nodes and taxonomy vocabularies.
● SEO - sometimes necessary. ● Authenticated user● Other
This module is a little helper to maintain an administrator role which has all available permissions.as the core function that was added in D7 seems to fall short of expectations; this module has been ported to D7
Administration Menu Source
SimplifySimplify allows particular fields to be hidden from the user interface.
Taxonomy access fix● adds permission per vocabulary: "add terms in X"● changes the way vocabulary specific permissions are
handled● changes the Taxonomy admin pages' access checks● alters the vocabularies overview table to show only what
you have access to edit or delete
Taxonomy Term Status
This module adds a status-flag to taxonomy terms. Using this flag it is possible to specify whether terms should be published or not. Users with the appropriate permission may access unpublished terms.
● NO enabled dev modules on production● Environment Indicator● VBO● Field Permissions● CKEditor● IMCE● Form Cancel Button