Dove shampoo pgp30036 neha nupur
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Dove shampoo pgp30036 neha nupur
- 1. BRAND EXTENSION DOVE SHAMPOO Submitted By: NEHA NUPUR PGP30036
- 2. HAIR CARE LANDSCAPE IN INDIA Hair Oils: Parachute, Hair & Care, Bajaj Almond Drops etc. Hair Shampoo: Pantene, Clinic plus, Dove, Head n Shoulders Hair Conditioner: Leave on and Normal Hair Colorants: L'Oreal Paris, Garnier Naturals Hair Styling Products: Perms, Serums, masks etc.
- 3. Category % market share Penetration Hair oils 53% 90% Shampoo 30% 60% Hair color 15% 35% MAJOR PLAYERS: DOMESTIC: Marico, Dabur, Bajaj, Emami, Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL), Procter & Gamble (P&G), Godrej Consumer Products Limited. MULTINATIONAL PLAYERS: LOreal, Schwarzkopf and Wella. HAIR CARE SECTOR: INDIA 2013-14
- 4. FUTURE TRENDS AND GROWTH DRIVERS Hair care is expected to have a value CAGR of 5% ,prices to reach INR169.2billion by 2018 Colorants continues to record the fastest current value growth of 25% in 2013 Emerging Gender specific products are creating an underpenetrated market GROWTH DRIVERS: Product innovation: More product offering Emerging men's grooming sector Increasing pollution Increasing concern of consumers about their appearance Increasing demand for natural and organic hair shampoos Rapid urbanization and increasing disposable income Companies %Market share HUL 46% P&G 24% DABUR 11% ITC 6% OTHERS 8%
- 5. PARENT ORGANIZATION AND ITS BRAND PORTFOLIO: HINDUSTAN UNILEVER LIMITED CONCERN PARENT BRAND DOVE BAR & SKIN CLEANSING DOVE HAIR CARE RANGE DOVE ANTI- PERSPIRANT DEODORANTS DOVE LOTIONS & CREAMS
- 6. DOVE SHAMPOO
- 7. TOTAL SIZE OF SHAMPOO MARKET: The shampoo market in India is estimated to be Rs. 2,500-3,000 crore. TYPES OF SHAMPOO: three kinds of shampoos cosmetic, herbal and anti dandruff, the shampoo market in India has managed to tap users of the various segments according to their requirements and preferences. SHAMPOO BRANDS: The top shampoo brands in India include Sunsilk, Clinic Plus, Dove and Pantene. The company that leads the shampoo market in India is Hindustan Unilever Limited. Market share of Dove Shampoo: 8.3% Growth Rate in Shampoo industry: 5.7% for 2018
- 8. DOVE SHAMPOO OFFERING: Dove provide a flexible and holistic approach to care. Each plan is tailored to the needs and wishes of the individual client. Gentle, everyday moisture. Strengthens hair and prevents split ends Leaving hair silky to the touch and healthy looking. Makes hair easy to manage and style Rational Benefits Caring: It restores softness, smoothness and shine Comforting: It gives upto 99% smoother and shiny hair Authentic: It is made up of advanced nutri-oils Honest: It cleanses without drying Emotional Benefits
- 9. ANALYZING 4 Ps : DOVE SHAMPOO PRODUCT PRICE Quantity 80mL 180ml 340mL 650ml Price(INR) 75 176 279 420 Place Dove Shampoo - Daily Shine Therapy - Hair Fall rescue - Damage therapy etc.
- 10. Promotion Television Print Media Digital Media Out of Home Television Ad Still Magazine Ad StillNewspaper Ad Still
- 11. Digital Ad Still Kiosk Ad StillBillboard Ad Still
- 12. SEGMENTATION OF DOVE SHAMPOO
- 13. TARGETING OF DOVE SHAMPOO The main target market is upper middle class and premium class people. It targets the Indian young women and focuses on real beauty of women widening the stereotype view of beauty. The targeting strategy can be presented as division of three aspects: Age, Sex and Lifestyle. The age group segment of 17-50 years old women, who are socially active with or without job and belong to premium section of society.
- 14. Available in different size Available for different hair type Almost at the same price Focuses on Indian hair problem Has variants like Anti-hairfall solution and Anti-dandruff solution Points of Parity Three times stronger, smoother and softer hair. Focuses one emotional selling proposition Its not just a shampoo its a therapy that repairs your hair & enhances real beauty in you. It does not use celebrity rather makes regular women to be its super model. Points of Difference POSITIONING OF DOVE SHAMPOO
- 15. COMPETITIVE FRAME OF REFERENCE: Closest Competitor: Pantene Factors Dove shampoo Pantene shampoo Price 75 Rs for 80 mL 75 Rs for 80 mL Product More emphasis on Damage therapy Emphasis for hairfall control Place Available both through online and offline channel Available both through online and offline channel Target Consumer Women of higher economic class ; Age group: 15-45 Women of higher economic class ; Age group: 15-45 Positioning Real beauty Campaign Shine: I believe I can
- 16. PERCEPTUAL MAP OF DOVE W.R.T OTHER BRANDS High Price low Quality High Quality Low Price Pantene Dove L'Oreal Clinic Sunsilk H&S Chik Vatika
- 17. MAJOR BRANDS IN INDIA
- 18. THANK YOU!