Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Dhea references
- 1. Ovigyn - D DHEA - Infertility Evidence speaks
- 2. The j our ney which couples begin wit h love, hope
- 3. dr eams someone t o hold in ar ms wit h Of
- 4. omeone t o car ess, love heir own Bundle of j oy
- 5. I nf er t ilit y Shat t er s t heir But
- 6. According to American Pregnancy Association.
- 7. Then comes Tr ials Test s Q uest ions Examinat ions Tr eat ment Hope and despair And all t his is called I nf er t ilit y
- 8. hen Tears and a never ending journey of Wait begins
- 9. Increasing Incidence of Infertility Over recent years, worldwide there has been a trend of increased marriageable age of the women and delayed motherhood By the time a woman reaches 30, shes lost 90 percent of her ovarian eggs. Globally average maternal age has increased
- 10. According to a new study, published by the University of St. Andrews and Edinburgh University in Scotland found that 95 %of women have less than 12 %of their ovarian egg reserve left by age 30 and only 3% by 40. Despite major advances in medical technology, there is currently no ART treatment strategy that can fully compensate for the natural decline in fertility with increasing female age.
- 11. DHEA It was just a few years ago - 2005 to be exact - that a study published in the journal Fertility & Sterility found that supplements of a hormone known as DHEA (dehydroepianodrostone) could help older women undergoing IVF treatments make more and possibly better quality eggs. Now new research shows it may not just be older women who can benefit from this supplement - but all women trying to get pregnant. So What is DHEA ? Is this Hope for Millions? Can it fulfill the dreams and desire to hold that some one special in ones arms?
- 12. DHEA DHEA is produced naturally and is known for its properties that can slow the effects of aging. DHEA is at its peak levels at age 25 and then begin a long steady decline. DHEA can help millions of people to achieve their dream of motherhood by its actions. DHEA Increases Fertility by Threefold or 300% Increases Quality Eggs Rejuvenates Ovaries Treats previously unexplained infertility Doubles IVF Pregnancy Rates especially in Women above Age 40 Decreases aneuploidy Reduces miscarriages
- 13. Increases Fertility by 300 % In the first controlled study recently published in AYALA, the journal of the Israeli Fertility Association on the effects of the DHEA Prof. Adrian Shulman of Tel Aviv Universitys Sackler Faculty of Medicine and the Meir Medical Center, found that women being treated for infertility who also received a DHEA supplement were three times more likely to conceive than women being treated without the supplement - that is a 300 percent improvement. Women were given 75 mg of the DHEA supplement daily for 40 days before starting fertility treatments, and continued for up to five months. Not only were women given DHEA more likely to conceive, they were also more likely to experience a healthy pregnancy and delivery.
- 14. In the DHEA group, there was a 23 percent live birth rate as opposed to a 4 percent rate in the control group, More than that, of the pregnancies in the DHEA group, all but one ended in healthy deliveries.
- 15. Rejuvenates Ovaries The investigators at Centre for Human Reproduction (CHR) USA have been using the mild DHEA now for a number of years very successfully in women with diminished ovarian reserve (DOR), whether their ovarian impairment is due to advanced age or premature ovarian aging (POA).
- 16. They have demonstrated and summarized DHEA s rejuvenating ovarian function properties. Increases egg (oocyte) and embryo counts Improves egg and embryo quality Increases number of embryos available for embryo transfer Increases euploid (chromosomally normal) embryos available Speeds up time to pregnancy in fertility treatment Increases spontaneously conceived pregnancies Improves IVF pregnancy rates Improves cumulative pregnancy rates in patients under treatment Decreases spontaneous miscarriage rates likely reduces aneuploidy (chromosomal abnormalities ) in embryos
- 17. Increases Quality Eggs In a study conducted at CHR where women with diminished ovarian reserve where given 25mg tds of DHEA daily for an average of 17.6 2.13 weeks undergoing IVF cycles it was found that DHEA supplementation significantly increased fertilized oocytes, normal day 3 embryos, embryos transferred average embryo scores per oocyte .
- 18. Increases Fertility by 300 % In the first controlled study recently published in AYALA, the journal of the Israeli Fertility Association on the effects of the DHEA Prof. Adrian Shulman of Tel Aviv Universitys Sackler Faculty of Medicine and the Meir Medical Center, found that women being treated for infertility who also received a DHEA supplement were three times more likely to conceive than women being treated without the supplement - that is a 300 percent improvement. Women were given 75 mg of the DHEA supplement daily for 40 days before starting fertility treatments, and continued for up to five months. Not only were women given DHEA more likely to conceive, they were also more likely to experience a healthy pregnancy and delivery.
- 19. improves Quality of Eggs by decreasing aneuploidy There is a high incidence of embryo chromosomal abnormalities (6070%) in patients with a poor outcome after IVF and in cases of unexplained recurrent miscarriage. So a decrease in aneuploidy rate should translate into decreases in spontaneous pregnancy loss. In a study published in Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology 2010 DHEA supplementation to a significant degree reduced number (P = 0.029) and percentages (P < 0.001.) of aneuploid embryos
- 20. Mean length of DHEA supplementation was 7.3 2.2 weeks in the short and 19.1 9.1 weeks in the long treatment group. Women in the short treatment group demonstrated the greatest reduction in aneuploidy of up to 12 weeks.
- 21. Reduces miscarriages DHEA reduces miscarriages Two infertility center one in Canada and other in CHR USA independently conducted research that coincidentally matched combining both data sets yielded a patient data sample of sufficient size to state that DHEA has been reported to improve pregnancy chances in women with diminished ovarian reserve (DOR), and to reduce miscarriage rates by 50-80%.
- 22. Significantly Increases Fertility in Diminished Ovarian Reserves Several studies have been done with women who have decreased ovarian reserve. The studies followed their IVF attempts both before and after treatment with DHEA and compared their results to those of a control group that did not take DHEA. The studies showed that treatment with DHEA (in women with diminished ovarian reserve) significantly: -improves the woman's response to medication (more eggs are developed) -increase