Devina godfrey fpresentation
of 30 /30
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Devina godfrey fpresentation
- 1. AS MEDIA STUDIES FOUNDATION PORTFOLIO RESEARCH & PLANNING CENTRE NO: 11049 ST FRANCIS XAVIER COLLEGE
2. My name is: Devina Godfrey Candidate No:1127 3. Preliminary Project Research & Planning
- How did you think about target audience? I chose to focus my target audience within my age group and used my interests in magazines and pictures to help attract other people to my front cover/contents page.
- How did awareness of that audience impact upon your visual design and choice of language? Firstly I researched magazines which are aimed at my target audience I found that bold and bright colours are extremely eye grabbing, and using pictures of youth also tends to help as the audience are reading certain aspects and content of the magazine by observing pictures (without reading anything).
- What key points did you learn aboutAdobe PhotoshopandInDesignin constructing your artefacts? I learned that while using Photoshop you have to have patients as producing your ideal image can be difficult, you also have to be willing to experiment with the different tools to see which has the best outcome.
4. Preliminary Project
- College Cover
- College Contents
5. Reflections & Feedback
- What would you do differently next time? I would certainly use brighter colours, I would also feature more people in my images.
- What kind of feedback did you get that might influence you? I got good feedback from friends and teachers advising me you use more cover lines on my front cover and maybe add a bit more stuff to my contents page
- What aspects of your understanding ofAdobe Photoshop & InDesigndo you need to improve? I need to improve on cropping images, adding different effects to images, being able to blend pictures together and lastly understanding what colours go best without them clashing.
6. The music genre of my music magazine is:
- Genre: Grime
- and my chosen title is: I Grime
- because: it has two meanings to it and both of them represent my genre best. The first meaning is I am grime and the second meaning means I Grind which is a word that everyone that has any involvement with the Grime genre would associate this word with making money
7. So I researched this genre of music publication and studied:
- Model 1
- Model 2
8. What I learned from this was..
- Cover Design
- What type of image I should use for my front cover
- What colours stand out best
- I have also learned about what fonts look best and what size fonts major headlines should have
- Cover Lines
9. For my music magazine.
- Target Audience: Bath male and female, both races, aged between 14-19 with a D1, D2 demographic status.
- typical reader >
- Frequency: every week
- Cover price: 1.99
- Publisher: IPC Media
- Unique selling point :
10. This is the face of the magazine
- Front cover
- This is how it works