Development of Islamic Personality
Embed Size (px)
If you're wondering whether the psychology of personality and Islamic world view are compatible or not, then this presentation offers an answer.
Transcript of Development of Islamic Personality
- 1. Development of Islamic Personality Dr. Harris Shah Abd Hamid Department of Psychology, IIUM
- 2. Personality Development Islamic Personality
- 3. Personality Individual differences in characteristic patterns of thinking, feeling and behaving
- 4. Thoughts Behaviour Emotional Response
- 5. Openness Conscientiousness AgreeablenessExtraversion Neuroticism
- 6. I like getting my energy from dealing with the ideas, pictures, memories, and reactions that are inside my head, in my inner world. I often prefer doing things alone or with one or two people I feel comfortable with. I take time to reflect so that I have a clear idea of what Ill be doing when I decide to act. Ideas are almost solid things for me. Sometimes I like the idea of something better than the real thing. I like getting my energy from active involvement in events and having a lot of different activities. Im excited when Im around people and I like to energize other people. I like moving into action and making things happen. I generally feel at home in the world. I often understand a problem better when I can talk out loud about it and hear what others have to say. Which trait is more Islamic?
- 7. Thoughts Thoughts Thoughts Thoughts ThoughtsThoughts Thoughts Thoughts Thoughts Thoughts ThoughtsThoughts Thoughts
- 8. What is Islamic? Islam Ihsan Iman
- 9. Articles of Faith Allah Angels Books Messengers Day of Judgement Qada & qadar
- 10. [He] who created death and life to test you [as to] which of you is best in deed - and He is the Exalted in Might, the Forgiving [al-Mulk, 2]
- 11. Do you think that you will enter Paradise before Allah tests those of you who fought (in His Cause) and (also) tests those who are As- Sabirin (the patient ones, etc.)? [Ali Imran, 142]
- 12. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: When Allah wills good for His slave, He hastens the punishment for him in this world, and when Allah wills ill for His slave, he withholds the punishment for his sins from him until he comes with all his sins on the Day of Resurrection. Narrated by al- Tirmidhi (2396); classed as saheeh by al- Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.
- 13. How wonderful is the affair of the believer, for his affairs are all good, and this applies to no one but the believer. If something good happens to him, he is thankful for it and that is good for him. If something bad happens to him, he bears it with patience and that is good for him. (Narrated by Muslim, 2999). stimulus behavior emotions
- 14. Muslim (918) narrated that Umm Salamah (may Allah be pleased with her) said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) say: I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) say: There is no Muslim who is stricken with a calamity and says what Allah has enjoined Verily to Allah we belong and unto Him is our return. O Allah, reward me for my affliction and compensate me with something better but Allah will compensate him with something better.
- 15. There is no Muslim who is stricken with a calamity and says what Allaah has enjoined Verily to Allaah we belong and unto Him is our return. O Allaah, reward me for my affliction and compensate me with something better but Allaah will compensate him with something better. stimulus behavior thoughts
- 16. There is no Muslim who is stricken with a calamity and says what Allaah has enjoined Verily to Allaah we belong and unto Him is our return. O Allaah, reward me for my affliction and compensate me with something better but Allaah will compensate him with something better. stimulus behavior thoughts Allah Angels Books Messengers Day of Judgement Qada & qadar
- 17. Stimulus What is the point in proudly claiming that you have undergone tarbiyyah and has usrah regularly if you are prejudicial; your writings and tongue spew negative words in the form of slander, defamation and insults. If you are not bashful towards humans, be bashful towards Allah because you claim to be His Deens warrior but you are far from His true teachings
- 18. Responses Tell that to your own kind first, especially those in UMNO before telling other people.. Excuse me, does UMNO has USRAH?
- 19. It is very dangerous for a Muslim like Zainah Anwar Sisters in Islam to raise a banner WE ARE ALL ALLAHs CHILDREN because it can harm the aqidah. As a Muslim, we cannot accept the concept that Allah has children, because it is stated clearly in Surah Al-Ahad that He is the One God who has no children
- 20. Responses If you want to uphold Islam, you must touch all topics. Dont be silent on one part lest your livelihood is threatened? (You) cannot say anything about Mahathirs daughter.. It would then be difficult to get money..or how is it ustaz? To the left of zainah is whose daughter eh? Cannot see whos next (to zainah) who is she?
- 21. Err..can you please re- check the facts in the banner at your lobby? I notice some inaccuracies there Who are you to correct him? Cant you see he is taller than you?
- 22. Personality Changes Thoughts Thoughts Thoughts Thoughts ThoughtsThoughts Thoughts
- 23. Reversion of Umar al Khattab Personality as a non-Muslim Factor X Personality as a Muslim
- 24. What causes personality to change? Hidayah Experience (traumatic, emotional, profound) Physical changes (brain injury, infection) Medication Major life changes Stress
- 25. Wrap Up Think and take appropriate actions to develop our personality to be more Islamic