Data-Driven Hiring â€“ Using Science to Build a Winning Sales Team
Embed Size (px)
Perhaps the single greatest key to sales success is hiring the right sales people. Get it right and you can accelerate sales. Get it wrong and you waste a lot of time and resources, and miss closing important deals.
Transcript of Data-Driven Hiring â€“ Using Science to Build a Winning Sales Team
- Identify Optimal Salespeople
- 2 Before we get started #SalesAcceleration Q&A Console Resources Poll Webinar recording and slides
- 3 Who is Brian Wixom? 20 yrs. teaching & coaching baseball Scout for Atlanta Braves New InsideSales.com sales executive 500% quota
- 4 How to identify baseball talent?
- 5 How to identify baseball talent? Compared to Avg. Human Eyes 12% faster Ears 10% faster Attention & Quickness 1.5X
- 6 How to identify baseball talent? If baseball-club owners take the hint from the Ruth experiments, they can organize a clinic, submit candidates to the comprehensive tests undergone by Ruth, and discover whether or not other Ruths exist. -Hugh S. Fullerton, Columbia University 1921
- 7 Fundamental Problem in Sales Sales Leadership Challenges by Most Votes
- 8 Why is hiring a problem in Sales? 2X Turnover 2X Salary Opportunity Cost in Lost Sales Compared to other professions $7,500 Average Recruiting & Onboarding Costs
- 9 Actual Sales Missed Sales $205K Why lost sales?
- 10 Avg. Annual Turnover 26% (Sources: SHRM & Journal of Personal Selling & Sales Management) Avg. Rep Count 30 Avg. Replacement Hires 7 Avg. Replacement Cost $215,000 Total Hiring Costs $1,505,000!!! What does this mean for my organization?
- 11 How do sales organizations solve this problem today? Experience EducationGPA
- Ivy League school 10+ years experience 4.0 GPA Fortune 500 Endlessly resilient Hungry to learn Understands people Desires to be the best TalentSkills & Experience Who are your best salespeople?
- 13 How should sales organizations solve this problem? Talent
- 14 How many reps have what it takes? 7/10 sales reps lack the threshold talents to be consistently successful in their jobs. - Gallup
- 15 Why isnt HR analyzing talent? 81% 77% 58% 56% 14% 19% 23% 42% 44% 86% Finance Operations Sales Marketing HR Departments Using Analytics Yes No **Deloitte, 2014
- 16 HR Capability Gap -40 -35 -30 -25 -20 -15 -10 -5 0 Diversity & Inclusion Workforce Capability Performance Management HR Technology Talent Acquisition Talent & HR Analytics Leadership **Deloitte, 2014
- 17 62% 30% 8% Weak Adequate Excellent Ability to Execute Why isnt HR analyzing talent? **Deloitte, 2014
- Behavior-Prediction is Notoriously Difficult. Cognitive Processes are often not Rational People use memorable experiences to infer future outcomes Memorable experiences are generally negative and few Negative and few is a perilous basis for generalization
- 19 How do you credibly predict sales-performance? ?
- 20 By identifying relevant talents. ? Ambition ResilienceEmpathy Openness
- 21 What is ambition and why is it important in sales?
- 22 What is resilience and why is it important in sales?
- 23 What is empathy and why is it important in sales?
- 24 What is openness and why is it important in sales?
- 25 What is Sales Indicator? Assessment tool Easy to use analytics Customized models (both to company and sales role)
- 26 What do InsideSales.coms company scores look like? 125.0 130.0 135.0 140.0 145.0 150.0 155.0 160.0 Sales Marketing Business Dev Client Services Admin / HR Technology Executive
- 27 How are scores calculated? 1. Assess current sales team 2. Define quotas Administrator Neuralytics Identify optimal scores Sales Indicator Continually Calibrated Model
- 28 Why is there an optimal score?
- 29 How does this work? Mike (Sales Hiring Manager)
- 30 Whom to hire? VS Cory Michelle 3.8 GPA Business Degree 3 Years Experience 3.79 GPA Business Degree 2.5 Years Experience
- 31 Which football team won? Overall: 46 Wins* Overall: 58 Wins Last decade: 9 Wins* Last decade: 1 Win
- 32 A deeper dive with Sales Indicator Cory Michelle AMBITION AMBITION RESILIENCE RESILIENCE EMPATHY EMPATHY OPENNESS OPENNESS FINAL FINAL 73 0 100 0 100 0 100 0 100 0 100 0 100 0 100 0 100 98 50 86 74 94 97 80 0 1000 100 68 90
- 33 Predictive Performance Predicts Quota Attainment Emailed Report
- 34 Remember Brian Wixom? 5th highest Sales Indicator score in company
- 35 Special Offer 1) Profiles + Survey Volume 2) Implementation $4,000
- Thank you