Curbside + Drive-Thru · 1 day ago · Curbside + Drive-Thru BEST PRACTICES IN PIONEERRX . If your...
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Curbside + Drive-Thru · 1 day ago · Curbside + Drive-Thru BEST PRACTICES IN PIONEERRX . If your...
Curbside + Drive-Thru BEST PRACTICES IN PIONEERRX
If your pharmacy offers curbside pickup or a drive-thru option, PioneerRx has some best practices that, if followed, should make your patient experience better.
Background: The Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) has fundamentally changed how we interact with each other. In efforts to minimize contact with sick or potentially contagious patients, PioneerRx has a few options to make those interactions both safer and more enjoyable.
Summary: 1. Get patients on autopay 2. Sign up for Direct SMS 3. Provide signage at your curbside pickup location 4. Use PioneerRx Delivery functionality to minimize contact
Suggested Workflow: 3 How to set up autopay with a credit card 4
How to set up autopay with an A/R account 5
How to disable or change the RxEdit that reminds you when a patient does NOT have autopay set up 7
Direct SMS: 8 How to sign up for Direct SMS 8
How to obtain your Direct SMS number 10
How to create an Autopay method Snippet 10
Curbside Signage: 12 How to get an example curbside sign 12
Place the signage near your curbside pickup area 13
Delivery: 13 How to set a transaction to delivery 14
How to handle patient pickup at curbside 17
Handling Receipt Post Scan 19
PioneerRx DriveThru App: 22 How to get the PioneerRx DriveThru App 22
Setting up and using your PioneerRx DriveThru App 22
Best practices for disinfecting the iPad 23
PioneerRx Delivery App 23 Getting the delivery app set up 24
Using the delivery app 27
Configuring the delivery app for curbside pickup 29
Autopay: WHY: Having patients on autopay before the patient comes to pick up their medications allows for increased efficiency. Having autopay set up allows your team to complete the purchase before taking the order to the patient. That means fewer round trips outside. Autopay also allows your staff to remain safer by minimizing the total amount of time spent with direct patient contact.
1. How to set up autopay with a credit card a. Navigate to Patient > Edit Patient > Common > A/R / Autopay > Credit Cards > New b. Select “Get Token” c. Swipe the credit card or select “Manual Card Entry” and enter the card number on the
sig pad d. Select Save-F12 upon obtaining confirmation that the card number was received e. Select the saved credit card from the Autopay Method dropdown below
2. How to set up autopay with an A/R account a. Navigate to Patient > Patient b. Click the A/R / Autopay tab c. Click New d. Set credit limit and other A/R options e. Select the saved A/R account from the autopay method dropdown below f. Select Save-F12
***For more information go to the help file and search A/R Accounts or contact your account manager***
3. How to disable or change the RxEdit that reminds you when a patient does NOT have autopay set up
a. Navigate to Location > My Location > Rx Options > Rx Edit b. Double-click on the Rx Edit called “Patient Autopay Missing” c. Change the Default Action to “Ignore” or “Track”
Direct SMS: WHY: Direct SMS now allows for 2-way communication with your patients. They can send you text messages when they arrive for curbside pickup or ask basic questions. Text messaging allows for your pharmacy to manage multiple curbside patients without having to rely on an increased amount of inbound phone calls. The pharmacy stays quieter, and the phone only rings when necessary.
1. How to sign up for Direct SMS a. Navigate to Location > My Location > Patient Options > Notifications b. Select SMS Text and change it to “Direct SMS” c. Follow the on-screen instructions by adding your full legal name, and the email
address where a copy of the agreement will be sent (NOTE: You will need permission to manage add-on services, usually provided to an administrator.)
2. How to obtain your Direct SMS number a. Navigate to Location > My Location > Patient Options > Notifications b. If your location is enrolled in Direct SMS, the Phone Number will appear next to the
dropdown. You will use that number to allow patients to text the pharmacy.
3. How to create an Autopay method Snippet a. Navigate to the Tools button and select “Manage Snippets” b. In the manage snippets dialog box select “New” c. Enter your snippet code (i.e. Auto) and then the Snippet Text (i.e. This is Main St
Pharmacy. Please call us with an autopay method). Remember that this snippet should be
Curbside Signage:WHY: Grocery stores and big-box retailers have done this for a while now. Putting a sign with your phone number on it next to the curbside pickup provides your patient with a smoother, more convenient interaction and does not require that they look up your number prior to arrival.
1. How to get an example curbside sign a. Navigate to Curbside Sign (https://www.rxlocal.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/
pharmacy-curbside-pickup-1.pdf) b. Download the Curbside Signage PDF and customize it with your Direct SMS long code
2. Place the signage near your curbside pickup area
Delivery: WHY: Use of delivery for a transaction allows your pharmacy to do a number of things that will help your patients during the pandemic.
A. Instead of delivery to the patient’s house, the PioneerRx delivery functionality will allow your pharmacy to implement a robust curbside pickup solution.
B. You can bundle an order together for a single receipt scan during checkout. That’ll decrease time spent face-to-face with a patient.
C. You can bundle Over-the-Counter (OTC) medications in that order so the patient gets everything they need, and you don’t spend extra time running to your retail section to get them. Just collect the OTCs and bag them with the Rxs. You’ll only scan once at pickup.
1. How to set a transaction to delivery a. Scan all prescription labels/barcodes at the Point of Sale (POS) b. Scan all OTC items at the POS c. Choose Delivery d. Select Autopay Method if available OR e. Select Delivery Hold - F3 if the patient will provide payment at pickup
How to handle the receipts f. Once on delivery hold, the POS will print two
receipts (1 for the customer and 1 for the store)
g. Staple both receipts to the bag with the store’s copy on top to allow for easy removal while keeping the customer’s copy with the bag when handing to the patient upon pickup
NOTE: If only one receipt prints, edit the number of receipts to print settings at Sale > Register > Manage Register
2. How to handle patient pickup at curbside a. When the patient arrives in the curbside pickup area:
i. There should be a sign indicating that the patient should text the pharmacy with their location and vehicle description
ii. Staff should monitor the message center for incoming messages iii. See Suggested Workflow
b. Scan the barcode at the bottom of the receipt c. When the system recalls the transaction, select Total - F12 to complete the
transaction d. Now the transaction will complete much like any other POS sale transaction. If you’ve
added an autopay method (A/R or credit card on file) you can use it here, otherwise you will use the payment method the patient provided.
e. A member of your staff will take the order to the patient at curbside pickup
3. Handling Receipt Post Scan a. Navigate to Sale > Receipt Post Scan b. Use the receipt number from the delivery receipt to finish the transaction
i. Scan the barcode on the receipt OR ii. Enter the receipt number in the “Ticket Number” field and search
c. Scan in the receipt using the scan button. Now the receipt image will be saved to each Rx on the transaction and the sales transaction is complete.
PioneerRx DriveThru App: WHY: The DriveThru App allows your staff to have patients sign for their medication orders and complete the transaction. Combined with autopay, that means that the amount of time spent face-to-face with a patient is minimized and all-around safer. It also further reduces the number of round trips per staff. You can serve more patients in less time.
1. How to get the PioneerRx DriveThru App a. Available in the App Store for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch devices under PioneerRx
Mobile DriveThru b. Visit App Store > Search PioneerRx Mobile DriveThru > Download App
2. Setting up and using your PioneerRx DriveThru App a. Set up a Register for use in the DriveThru App
i. Go to Sales in your PioneerRx Software > Select Register > Select Register from List > Double-click or edit > Select “Allow Sign on Tablet Device” > Select Save to continue (you can do this for multiple registers)
b. Open the app and it will find your location’s PioneerRx server if you’re connected to the pharmacy’s wifi network
c. Login using your PioneerRx credentials d. Select the correct register from the drop-down on the top right or select All Registers e. Pull sale up on your App
i. Go to the POS on the register chosen for the app ii. Attempt to complete the sale until the last POS alert is reached requesting a
customer signature iii. Click E-Sign to send the sale to the app iv. Go to your App (make sure you’ve selected the correct register from the drop-
down on the top right or select All Registers) v. Select the sales transaction
f. Complete the sale on your App i. Enter your PIN ii. Hand iPad to the patient for signature iii. Swipe left across the signature with 2 fingers to accept (swiping right with 2
fingers will clear the signature to allow a redo)
3. Best practices for disinfecting the iPad a. Navigate to https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204172 for the most appropriate
way to clean and disinfect the iPad
PioneerRx Delivery App: WHY: The delivery app is built specifically to provide prescriptions to patients outside of your pharmacy. Curbside pickup is essentially a delivery option, but instead of going to a patient’s address you’re going outside your pharmacy. With a few simple modifications, the delivery app can be a great addition to your curbside pickup toolkit.
NOTE: The delivery app currently has a signature option or take a photo, so if you have patients sign the delivery app you should disinfect it after each use. During the COVID-19 pandemic, take a photo instead with the patient holding the receipt/prescription. This option is preferred rather than disinfecting after each signature.
1. Getting the delivery app set up a. Contact [email protected] to have the RxLocal team help set up your delivery app.
Configure settings in your PioneerRx software for the delivery app by navigating to the Location Tab > My Location> POS Options > Autopay/Delivery
i. Ensure “When Delivery selected:” is set to Autopay and “Print receipt after completing delivery Sale” is selected
ii. If your location has 2 or more delivery drivers (or you have a delivery driver AND are using the delivery app for curbside pickup), select “Require Individual Download of Items” in the drop-down next to Download Options. Otherwise choose “Allow Download All Open Items”
iii. Use email options to collect and send email receipts and create a customized message
b. Create delivery bins for curbside pick up i. Go to Inventory > Bins > set “Show:” to Delivery > Select New to create a new
bin ii. Select the desired bins to create barcode labels for iii. Use the Reports menu to print the barcode labels
c. Available in the App Store for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch devices under PioneerRx Mobile Delivery
i. Visit App Store > Search PioneerRx Mobile Delivery > Download App d. When asked for permission to use location and camera features, please select “Yes”
to access all of the app's features e. Sign in using your PioneerRx credentials
i. Go to Settings and you can select to use wireless scanner or phones camera instead
2. Using the delivery app a. In your PioneerRx software, begin a normal sales transaction for RX or OTC items and
instead of selecting Total, select Delivery located on the right-hand side of the screen (for OTC items, manually enter the patient)
i. Delivery transactions with an RX will access the delivery info for that patient. ii. If patient has a payment method on file, the system will offer to utilize this
payment option OR iii. If driver is expected to collect payment, utilize “Use Delivery Hold” and this will
appear on the receipt if the curbside staff member is expected to get payment b. Add Sale to Delivery Bin
i. Go to Workflow > Will Call ii. Scan delivery receipt, and then scan appropriate driver’s bin barcode
c. Pull up delivery transactions on the app i. Use the receipt number from the delivery receipt to upload the transaction
1. Scan the barcode on the delivery receipt OR 2. Manually enter the receipt number
ii. Multiple deliveries can be synced at once from the app 1. Sync Icon > choose deliveries > then choose the appropriate bin 2. Deliveries are shown in a time-saving route
a. Green Check means a route was successfully loaded. Yellow Check means there was only 1 address or an address could not be found.
b. Select World map icon to view route c. Select the first delivery then select Deliver To option to specify
who items are being delivered to. d. Select “Next” in the top right and verify items that are being
delivered > Select “Next” to complete the transaction. e. Patient will be prompted for a signature (can be completed
using a finger or stylus) OR i. If the patient is not home, capture a picture of exactly
where you left the prescription by clicking “Take Photo Instead”
3. You can choose to decline a sale if no one is home and complete the prompts for why the delivery was declined. You can also toggle the transaction to “Leave Out for Delivery” to try again on the next route.
4. When Driver returns to the pharmacy they will need to sync the app when connected to the pharmacy WIFI.
a. Click the sync button in the bottom right corner > click complete deliveries > select register receiving the cash payments > select complete deliveries to update in the PioneerRx system
b. You can access any signature by recalling the delivery receipt number or by editing any prescription in the order.
3. Configuring the delivery app for curbside pickup a. Sort by patient instead of by delivery address
i. Navigate to Location > My Location > POS Options > Autopay/Delivery > Mobile Delivery App Options > Set “Delivery List Display Type:” to Patient Title with Address Subtitle
Suggested Workflow:How to set up autopay with a credit cardHow to set up autopay with an A/R accountHow to disable or change the RxEdit that reminds you when a patient does NOT have autopay set up
Direct SMS:How to sign up for Direct SMSHow to obtain your Direct SMS numberHow to create an Autopay method Snippet
Curbside Signage:How to get an example curbside signPlace the signage near your curbside pickup area
Delivery:How to set a transaction to deliveryHow to handle patient pickup at curbsideHandling Receipt Post Scan
PioneerRx DriveThru App:How to get the PioneerRx DriveThru AppSetting up and using your PioneerRx DriveThru AppBest practices for disinfecting the iPad
PioneerRx Delivery App:Getting the delivery app set upUsing the delivery appConfiguring the delivery app for curbside pickup