Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Core values-2016
- 1. FLL Core Values and Teamwork
- 2. Getting Started With FLL What is FIRST What Makes FLL different from other STEM Programs Its not all about the robots Core Values Pegs and Beams Teamwork and skills
- 3. What is FIRST For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology A Sport for the Mind 1st 3rd 4th 8th 7th 12th 9th 12th
- 4. What makes FIRST Different - Not all about the robot 3 Judging Areas Project Presentation Core Values Technical Interview 3-4 Rounds of Robot Runs Award for High Score Score only used as a Gatekeeper for moving on
- 5. Core Values Cornerstones of the FLL program. They are among the fundamental elements that distinguish FLL from other programs of its kind. Friendly competition and mutual gain are not separate goals, and that helping one another is the foundation of teamwork. How You Approach FLL
- 6. Core Values: guide attitudes & actions We are a team. We do the work to find solutions with guidance from our coaches and mentors. We know our coaches and mentors don't have all the answers; we learn together. We honor the spirit of friendly competition. What we discover is more important than what we win. We share our experiences with others. We display Gracious Professionalism and Coopertition in everything we do. We have FUN!
- 7. Leadership Skills Facilitate discussion Delegate Responsibility Good Listener Own Your Task Motivate/Inspire Others Soft Skills: Public Speaking Collaboration & teamwork Confidence Core Values: Develop Skills for Life
- 8. Creating a Team Atmosphere Be Unique Team Name Mascot Traditions T-Shirts/Costumes Team Activities Make Memories Keep it Fun!
- 9. Good Teamwork Habits Share ideas Listen to other ideas Constructive feedback Clear communication Organization Conflict Resolution Fail Learn
- 10. Teamwork Exercises LEGO Creature Materials: 22 LEGO Pieces Object: Build a Creature out of LEGOs Rules: 1 minute discussion WITOUT TOUCHING LEGOs 5 minutes to build creature Creature can be real or pretend Each team member must put on at least one piece Name your creature
- 11. Teamwork Exercises Stranded on the Moon Materials: Worksheet with scenario and ranking list Object: Rank salvaged items in order of importance Rules: 7 minutes to complete your ranking list 1 list per team
- 12. Q & A We have FUN! What we discover is more important than what we win.