Commission blank powerpoint master 16x9 ratio ... Leadership Group •Governance function- terms...
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Commission blank powerpoint master 16x9 ratio ... Leadership Group •Governance function- terms...
Mental health and addiction
quality improvement programme update
About the programme
5 Priority areas • Consumer partnership and
• Partnership with Maori
• Building leadership and
The Commission’s approach
1 project 20
Prioritisation 1. Strategic fit
– Improving consumer experience
– Improved health equity
– Reducing harm
– Reducing unwarranted variation in patterns of care.
2. Evidence - evidence for intervention?
3. Benefits realisation – impact & scale, timing,
sustainability, ability to scale & spread?
4. Value for money
5. Available data
Strategic areas 1. Consumer experience
3. Reducing harm
4. Reducing variations in
Building workforce capability • QI Facilitator
• Local QI projects
Leadership Group • Governance function- terms of reference
• Expect to meet quarterly
• Next meeting 29 November
Membership • Dr Rees Tapsell ( Chair), Dr Clive Bensemann (Clinical Lead),
• Wi Keelan (Kaumatua & Cultural Advisor)
• Dr Alison Masters, Angela Gruar, Dr Arran Culver, Toni Gutschlag
• Karla Bergquist, Derek Wright, Joanne Henare, Dr David Codyre
• Shaun McNeil, Stu Bigwood, Dr Monique Faleafa
• Dr Susanna Galea-Singer, Heather Casey, Prof Graham Mellsop,
• Fiona Trevelyan, Erin Polaczuk, Dr Roz Sorensen,
Programme draft work plan • Proposal to Leadership Group on
• 5 Priority areas
• Commence quality improvement initiatives in
Issues for Addiction sector • Minimising restrictive care (SCAT)
• Maximising physical health issues
• Improving medication management
• Improving service transitions
• Learning from serious adverse events and
Thank you • Any questions ?