Circa digi lit prezo
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Circa digi lit prezo
- Follow the news NovemberCondential
- Social Networking Photo Sharing News Before Mobile ! Complex Time wasting Mobile -First ! Simplied Time Sensitive Optimized The best mobile experiences are native
- How we consume news c. 1605-2008 c. Today e.g. gap time while in line for coffee, waiting at a subway stop, etc.
- Current news apps take an existing format and force it into a smaller screen where readers also have a dramatically shorter attention span New York Times iPhone App
- The smallest unit of measure: the article All articles are long-form on a mobile device A: Real estate Q: WHATS THE PROBLEM WITH MOBILE NEWS?
- The smallest unit of measure: the card cf. Tweets, Facebook status updates, etc. Mobile news needs atomization Atomization needs context A: Real estate Focus Q: WHATS THE PROBLEM WITH MOBILE NEWS?
- THE CONSTRUCTION OF MOBILE NEWS Handwritten by editors, optimized for mobile Stories as collections of cards
- Handwritten by editors, optimized for mobile Stories as collections of interconnected cards THE CONSTRUCTION OF MOBILE NEWS ! ?
- Handwritten by editors, optimized for mobile Stories as collections of interconnected cards As a story develops, we only write/ push whats new THE CONSTRUCTION OF MOBILE NEWS ! ?
- Handwritten by editors, optimized for mobile Stories as collections of interconnected cards As a story develops, we only write/ push whats new Our stories are long-form, timeshifted THE CONSTRUCTION OF MOBILE NEWS ! ?
- At Circa, we atomize not summarize Atomization: To break down a story into its core elements the facts, stats, quotes, media, etc. Summarization: To create a smaller version of an existing piece, cutting content to make for a quicker read
- The big innovation Articles are inefcient for producing and consuming headline news Circa has invented very powerful software and a unique process to continually update news stories over time, making production far more efcient and dramatically improving speed an increasingly important factor Readers can follow news stories they care about, receiving the updates editors add over time creating an innovative and incredibly sticky way of consuming news over time All of Circa's news content is created in structured formats, paving the way for many innovative new ways of presenting news
- The News Break: an escalating arms race for urgency and attention How Breaking News broke BREAKING NEWS
- Breaking news Push notications as news breaks but instead of coming to a dead end with no article, encourage readers to follow stories to receive updates in real time Have seen nearly 50% conversion rate (following) during breaking news events, building a highly engaged audience in moments Circa's follow feature coupled with breaking news puts us in a class all our own during big events one that is extremely difcult to replicate
- Accolades Best news app of 2013 in both App Store and Play Store Current version (2.1) has a 5 star rating in the App Store with over 1,000 reviews #1 Startup to watch in 2014 Mashable VentureBeat Startup to watch in 2014 GigaOm one of six most interesting things to happen in media in 2013