Embed Size (px)
- Chocolate cupcakes with Buttercream frosting!(recipe from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World)
- Chocolate Cupcake Ingredients: 1 cup soy milk 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar 3/4 cup granulated sugar 1/3 cup canola oil 1 tsp. vanilla extract 1/2 tsp. almond extract 1 cup all-purpose flour 1/3 cup cocoa powder 3/4 tsp. baking soda 1/2 tsp. baking powder 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In large bowl whisk the soy milk and apple cider vinegar together.Set aside for a couple minutes to curdle.
- In a separate large bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda,baking powder, and salt.
- In the soy mixture bowl, add the sugar, canola oil, and the extractstogether.Mix together until it gets a little foamy.
- Add the flour mixture bowl into the sugar mixture bowl and mix well.Try to get all the large lumps outs, a couple lumps are fine
- Put the cupcake liners in the muffin pan.
- Pour batter into the liners (I like to use a ice-cream scoop) filling them toabout 3/4 of the way.
- Bake 18-20 minutes.Insert a toothpick, if it comes out clean then the cupcakes are done.
- Buttercream Frosting Ingredients! 1/2 cup shortening 1/2 cup margarine 3 1/2 cups confectioners sugar 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract 1/4 cup soy milk Food coloring (optional)
- Beat together shortening and margarine.Add the sugar and mix well.Add vanilla extract, soy milk, and food coloring (optional) and beattogether until nice and fluffy.
- Decorate cupcakes to your liking!