China exchange ppt
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of China exchange ppt
- 1. USA: 1-800-304-9446 CAN: 1-800-657-7754 INFO@PROMETOUR.COMARLINGTON HIGH SCHOOLTRAVEL DATES: APRIL 17-26, 2014, (Travel dates TBC)CHINA EXCHANGE PROGRAM
- 2. USA: 1-800-304-9446 CAN: 1-800-657-7754 INFO@PROMETOUR.COM Brings the classroom alive with hands-onexperience with the language & culture It develops heightened interest in learning Students gain valuable life skills throughindependent exploration Opens acceptance to other cultures& ways of life Reinforces lessons taught Great enhancement on college applications& resumes Most important of all, its fun!WHY TAKEAN EDUCATIONAL TOUR?
- 3. USA: 1-800-304-9446 CAN: 1-800-657-7754 INFO@PROMETOUR.COM Students will travel here in February (notduring vacation) They will stay with you may share a room,but a bed must be provided. They will attend school with you for a fewdays, as well as visit Boston with their group You should plan to provide meals (includinglunch) for your studentPART 1: CHINESE STUDENTSVISIT ARLINGTON
- 4. USA: 1-800-304-9446 CAN: 1-800-657-7754 INFO@PROMETOUR.COMDAY 1TRAVEL TO CHINA Fly to BeijingPART 2: WE TRAVEL TOCHINA!
- 5. USA: 1-800-304-9446 CAN: 1-800-657-7754 INFO@PROMETOUR.COMBEIJING Welcome to Beijing, host of the 2008 summerOlympics, and capital of China A Promtour representative will welcome you at theairport. He/She will help you transfer to yourpartner school by private motor coach. Meet your host family and start your exchangeprogram. Dinner and overnight at your Chinese home. Most students live at home, though there are some who stayin a dorm on campus The High School Affliated with Beijing NormalUniversity: http://www.bjsdfz.com/ITINERARYDAY 2
- 6. USA: 1-800-304-9446 CAN: 1-800-657-7754 INFO@PROMETOUR.COMBEIJING EXCHANGE PROGRAM Weekend with your families Monday: Full day at school Tuesday-Thursday: excursions Friday: Full day at school Saturday: DepartureITINERARYDAY 3 - 9
- 7. USA: 1-800-304-9446 CAN: 1-800-657-7754 INFO@PROMETOUR.COM Board your private motor coach and meet your PromtourDirector for the day. Stop in a park and watch or join in with the locals doing theirmorning Tai-Chi. Visit the 273-hectare Temple of Heaven. The complex wasvisited by the Emperors of the Ming and Qing dynasties forannual ceremonies of praying to Heaven for a good harvest. Lunch with your Prometour Tour Director at a local restaurant. This afternoon, enter the Forbidden City, also known as TheImperial Palace. Built as the residence of the emperor, it iscomprised of over 9,000 halls and rooms, containing manyprecious relics. It is the largest palace in the world and one ofmankinds major cultural legacies. Continue towards the heart of modern Beijing for a walk onTiananmen Square. The site is of great cultural significancethat has seen a number of political events and student protests. Return to your partner school. Dinner and overnight accommodation at your Chinese home.ITINERARYMIDWEEK EXCURSION
- 8. USA: 1-800-304-9446 CAN: 1-800-657-7754 INFO@PROMETOUR.COM Board your private motor coach and meet your PromtourDirector for the day. Head to the Great Wall of China for a walk on the Great WallJu Rong Guan Section. The wall was built to protect thenorthern borders of the Chinese Empire during varioussuccessive dynasties. Lunch with your Prometour Tour Director at a local restaurant. On the way back, drive by the facilities of the 2008 OlympicGames with photo opportunities of the Beijing NationalStadium (the Birds Nest) and the National Aquatics Center(the "Water Cube"). Later, visit the UNESCO world heritage site of the SummerPalace, considered a masterpiece of Chinese landscape. Thegarden design offers a harmonious ensemble of outstandingaesthetic value. Return to your partner school. Dinner and overnight accommodation at your Chinese home.ITINERARYMIDWEEK EXCURSION
- 9. USA: 1-800-304-9446 CAN: 1-800-657-7754 INFO@PROMETOUR.COMDEPARTURE Transfer to the airport by private motor coach andcatch your flights back to the USA.ITINERARYDAY 10
- 10. USA: 1-800-304-9446 CAN: 1-800-657-7754 INFO@PROMETOUR.COMPRICE PER PERSON30 + participants $ 2,25025 to 29 participants $ 2,27020 to 24 participants $ 2,29015 to 19 participants $ 2,36010 to 14 participants $ 2,510PAYMENT SCHEDULE$500 May 10, 2013$700 - September 30, 2013$700 November 30, 2013Balance - January 15, 2014Online options availablePRICE INFORMATIONThis is a privately operated tour - you will not becombined with another group!
- 11. USA: 1-800-304-9446 CAN: 1-800-657-7754 INFO@PROMETOUR.COMPRICE INCLUDES TRAVELGUARD: OPTION A: Basic Group Programcovering group dates of travel. Includes EmergencyMedical and Cancellation Round trip airfare to Beijing Departure taxes and Airline fuel surcharges at $425 perperson Associated transportation costs while in China as peritinerary 0 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 0 dinners All cultural and aforementioned visits, activities, tours andadmissions per itinerary Service of a dynamic Tour Director with the group for theexcursions
- 12. USA: 1-800-304-9446 CAN: 1-800-657-7754 INFO@PROMETOUR.COMPRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE TRAVELGUARDOptional Individual Insurance Program Upgrade OPTION B: Individual Deluxe ProgramBasic Package + additional benefit and higher coverage OPTION C: Individual Ultimate program **Deluxe Package + No-Reason Cancellation & Job LossProtection**Ultimate Program is not eligible in NY, PA, IN & WA Any charges for the issuing of visas Recommended tips:for your Promtour Tour Director $4.00 USD per day, perperson; for your Bus Driver (s) $2.00 USD per day, perperson;for local guides at museums & activities $3.00 USD per day,per person Airline fuel surcharge increases: Departure taxes and Airline fuel surcharges in excess of $425per person.
- 13. USA: 1-800-304-9446 CAN: 1-800-657-7754 INFO@PROMETOUR.COMTRAVEL INSURANCEPACKAGE OPTION A: Basic Group Program INCLUDEDEmergency Medical and Cancellation OPTION B: Individual Deluxe Upgrade add $50 ppBasic Package + additional benefit and higher coverage OPTION C: Individual Ultimate Upgrade add $150 pp**Deluxe Package + No-Reason Cancellation & Job LossProtection**Ultimate Program is not eligible for NY, PA, IN & WA State residents***Cost of an Insurance Upgrade must be paid at the same time as the initial depositTravel Insurance Package is supplied by Travel GuardPlease refer to the supplied Quick Chart for more informationINSURANCE PROGRAM OPTIONS
- 14. USA: 1-800-304-9446 CAN: 1-800-657-7754 INFO@PROMETOUR.COMTRAVEL DOCUMENTS A passport is the only reliable & universallyaccepted travel / identification documentavailable for the purpose of travel. Visa to Chinais required. Group Leaders should carry a School Letterprinted on school letterhead, a copy of theParticipant List, a copy of all Reservation Formsand a Parental/Legal Guardian Travel ConsentForm for all participants. Entry Requirement for minors (under 18 yearsold): in addition to a valid passport & anyapplicable visas they should have a signedParental/Legal Guardian Travel Consent Form.
- 15. USA: 1-800-304-9446 CAN: 1-800-657-7754 INFO@PROMETOUR.COMONLINEhttp://goo.gl/ZkYpNUsername: PM_5371Password: 5371!PHONE1-800-304-9446 (US)FAX1-888-304-9446MAILPrometour Educational Tours339, rue St-Paul Est, Montral, QC, H2Y 1H3CANADATour number: 5371Enrollment deadline: May 10, 2013HOW TO JOIN THIS TRIP