By Asher, and Athena ¡Les presentamos Cuba! La capital de Cuba es Havana Havana is the capital of...
Transcript of By Asher, and Athena ¡Les presentamos Cuba! La capital de Cuba es Havana Havana is the capital of...
La capital de Cuba es Havana• Havana is the capital of Cuba
• Havana is the biggest Cuban city•Its located on the northern coast of Cuba 90 miles from Key West
El Presidente de Cuba es Raul Castro
• Raul Castro is 82 years old• He is the Cuban president• He is the son of a Spanish immigrant Angel Castro• He assumed office in 2011
Los colores de la bandera son rojo, blanco, Azul Azul representa the three parts the country was
divided into during the independence war. Rojo representa the bloodshed to free the nation. Blanco representa the purity of the patriotic cause. Blanco star representa independence .
La religion de Cuba es Catolico
• After the communist revolution of 1959, the government of Cuba restricted religious practices
• 80% of Cubans are catholic• Many Cubans think its not good for your
children to go to church.
• Served as a military base and a prison
• Historical park• Located at the
elevated eastern side
• Described as music set in stone• It took from 1748 to 1777 to build.• Its set in the former swamp plaza
Castillio san Salvador de la punta
• Designed to protect the Havana Bay• In 1595 a hurricane severely damaged the fortress, among other reasons. It was so severely damaged because of the thinness of its walls that were more solidly rebuilt.
Holiday numero uno
Cubans Independence day is called Dia de la Independencia which celebrates Cuban independence. October 10th 1868 A man named Carlos Manuel de cespedes freed his slaves starting a 10 year independence war.
Holiday numero dos
January 2nd is Cuba’s armed forces victory day. On this day everyone shoots a bullet into the air.