BRANDING STRATEGY OF AMUL
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of BRANDING STRATEGY OF AMUL
- 1. NAME: DHEERAJ AGRAWAL DIV.: C ROLL NO.: 11 ENROLL NO.: 147110592023 SUBJECT MARKETING MANAGEMENT PARUL INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT & RESEARCH
- 2. Amul (anand milk union limited) formed in 1946 is a dairy cooperative movement in India. The word Amul is come from Sanskrit word AMULYA means Priceless Or Very Rare, The Amul pattern has established itself as a uniquely appropriate model for rural development. Amul's product range includes milk powders, milk, butter, ghee, cheese, curd, chocolate, ice cream, cream, shrikhand, paneer, gulab jamuns, basundi, nutramul brand and others. Amul is one of the largest milk and milk based products manufacturer in India. Known to be the founder of the white revolution in India. Amul has some strong products and brands up its sleeves, strongest of them being Amul ice cream.
- 3. VISION: Liberate our farmers from economic cooperation and lead them to prosperity. MISSION2020: Dairy cooperatives of Gujarat turnover of Rs. 27000 crores by the year 2020. OBJECTIVE: Is to ensure that the maximum share of the consumers rupee goes back to the milk producers.
- 4. BRAND PERCEPTION It is one of the most trusted brand of India in dairy products With its taste, quality and value oriented services. POSITION Amul has Maintained its Position in the Market by practicing following points: USP Quality with Affordability. BRAND PROMISE The product promise to give the best quality food at reasonable price.
- 5. COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE OF AMUL 1. SUPPLY CHAIN. 2. WIDE PRODUCT PORTFOLIO. ANY TIME MILK (ATM) MACHINE Amul has installed a "Any Time Milk" machine which dispenses a 300-ml pouch of fresh milk for Rs 10, at Anand's Amul Dairy. As a first step, Amul plans to install six such ATMs in Anand itself. According to Rahul Kumar, MD of Amul Dairy, Amul wants to add a whole range of dairy products, which could be dispensed through these machines.
- 6. ORIGIN: The Amul girl was created as a response to Amul's rival brand Polson's butter-girl. The idea was conceived in 1967 once ASP (Advertising, Sales and Promotion) clinched the brand portfolio from the previous agency FCB Ulka. It was executed by Sylvester Da Cunha, the owner of the agency and his art director Eustace Fernandez on hoardings, painted bus panels and posters in Mumbai.
- 7. DEVELOPMENT: In 1966, Amul decided to give their account to the Advertising agency called Advertising and Sales Promotion (ASP) to work on their ad campaign. Sylvester da Cunha, then the managing director of the agency and Eustace Fernandez, art director decided to create something that would grab the attention of every housewife in the country. Dr. Varghese Kurien, then chairman of the Gujarat Co- operative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd. (GCMMF) suggested a mischievous little girl as a mascot with two requirements. It had to be easy to draw and memorable as most of the advertising would be outdoor media which required hand painting in those days and the hoardings had to be changed frequently.
- 8. CONTROVERSIES: In 2001, Amul run an ad campaign criticizing the Indian Airlines strike, whereupon Indian Airlines threatened to stop offering Amul Butter on their flights unless the ads were pulled. Another ad during the Ganpati Festival which said, Ganpati Bappa More Ghya (Ganpati Bappa take more). The Shiv Sena party said that if the ad wasn't removed, they would come and destroy Amul's office. There have been some laughable protests as well. When they wrote Satyam Sharam Scandalum!' for Satyam Computer Service's disgraced Chairman Ramalinga Raju, he says, We got a formal letter from the Satyam Board threatening us with dire consequences: all their employees would stop eating Amul butter!.
- 9. 1. Quality 2. Pricing 3. Product Portfolio 4. Supply Chain Management 5. Advertising Strategy 6. Mascot & Taglines 7. Umbrella Branding 8. Social Responsibility
- 10. ELEMENTS NAME URL JINGLES MASCOT LOGO TAGLINE
- 11. SUCCESS ROBUST SUPPLY CHAIN LOW COST STRATEGY DIVERSE PRODUCT MIX STRONG DISTRIBUTION NETWORK TECHNOLOGY & E initiative BRAND VALUE OF AMUL REASONS FOR SUCCESS OF AMUL
- 12. So the success of the amul can be based on its quality, advertising strategy, wide product portfolio & its strong distribution network.