Bradbury parents presentation
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Bradbury parents presentation
- 1. PYP Exhibition 2011-2012 Kris Stanhope Year 6 Leader
- Students are required to engage in a collaborative, trasndisiplinary inquiry process that involves them in identifying, investigating and offering solutions to real-life issues or problems.
- The students will be grouped according to an issue for which they expressed interest.
- They will carry out an inquiry into this real-life issue and develop an action they can take.
- They will celebrate their learningby presenting their entire process during Exhibition Week.
- As an authorized PYP school, we agree to the principles and practices of the programme.The exhibition is one of those.
- To celebrate the transition from primary to high school
- To engage in an in-depth, collaborative inquiry
- To demonstrate independence and responsibility for their own learning
- To apply their learning from six years in the PYP program
- To take action as a result of their learning
- To share their learning process with their families and the wider community
- This years topics are all based around the
- Sharing the Planettheme, using this central idea:
- Actions and decisions have consequences that affect the world.
- Students will inquire into:
- Issues that exist locally and globally.
- Sustainable ways to make a difference
- Student Choice (impact of their issue)
- Students will explore the various kinds of action
- Students will explore possible actions that can be taken
- The action should be something they can accomplish on their own, and should be meaningful to themselves and the community.
- They will carry out the action during ACTION WEEK
- Week 1-2 Introduction to the exhibition and the Issues.This will run alongside our current unit.
- Weeks 3-5 Planning, research, contact and interview primary sources, plan action, answer questions.
- Week 6 Action Week
- Week 7-8 Pulling it all together
- Week 9 Exhibition Week
- Teachers and Teacher Managers
- Mentors and Specialists
- Flexible Schedules
- The Arts
- The Exhibition Book
- Be a cheerleader for your child!The Exhibition can be stressful, especially when we are down to the wire.
- Support your child
- Possible local trips
- Support us
- Subject expert
- Contact with individuals or groups
- Parent assessment on the night.
12. @Y6exhibition Bradbury School Exhibition 2012 Bradbury Exhibition Wiki 13. BOOK THE DATE NOW Thursday 17 thMay(6.00-8.00pm)