Beyond Social: Driving Progressive Mobile Engagement With Your Content
Embed Size (px)
Learn how to use structured creation, organized access, and mobile promotion to drive progressive mobile engagement.
Transcript of Beyond Social: Driving Progressive Mobile Engagement With Your Content
- Copyright GENWI 2014 The information which is contained in this document is the property of GENWI Inc. The contents of the document must not be reproduced or disclosed wholly or in part or used for purposes other than that for which it is supplied without the prior written permission of GENWI Inc. BeyondSocial: DrivingProgressiveMobile EngagementWithYourContent ! PaulDanter @pauldanter
- (c) Genwi 2014 Introduction 2 By 2015 more Americans will access online content from a mobile device than through a desktop computer. Up to 90% of marketing teams are creating content that is not being discovered by sales teams or customers.
- (c) Genwi 2014 Introduction 3 discovery mobile
- (c) Genwi 2014 The State Of Play 4 We create content in many formats (many are not ideal for mobile). ! This content is stored in many locations without any reference to how it should be used. ! ! ! ! We promote content with an initial campaign (then not much happens with it). ! This is a massive waste if we are creating very specialized,niche content that could be retargeted. ! ! ! ! We hope that our target audience views it (and can view it however they access it). ! This interaction is built on old assumed desktop access models. ! ! ! ! create promote access
- (c) Genwi 2014 Our Content Challenge 5 completely separating content from layout ensuring content can be utilized over time in many ways building with mobile at the front and center of our planning structured creation organized access mobile promotion
- (c) Genwi 2014 Structured Creation 6 To work in more places, content needs to be described better. Think about contextually relevant & branded content. This doesnt mean simply responsive websites.
- (c) Genwi 2014 Structured Creation 7 To work in more places, content needs to be described better. Think about contextually relevant & branded content. This doesnt mean simply responsive websites. adaptive content is key (you need structure in your life) design for mobile first (no, really) because conversion counts (its all about the package)
- (c) Genwi 2014 Organized Access 8 content is stored in many places Dropbox Box.net FTP sites CMS Blogs Landing Pages Share Services Intranet
- (c) Genwi 2014 Organized Access 9 you need to manage that $#*% Dropbox Box.net FTP sites CMS Blogs Landing Pages Share Services Intranet
- (c) Genwi 2014 Organized Access 10 content meta for each piece of content that is created... ...there needs to be a second piece of content that describes it Where is your content stored? What is its title? What is the intended call to action? What channels used for distribution? What are the buyer role(s)? What is the expiration of the content? Is this mapped against a buyer journey? Is this content aligned to personas? Who owns this content (editorial)? Have you applied SEO keywords? Does this content map to an existing library of keywords and tags?
- (c) Genwi 2014 Mobile Promotion 11 social ads seo email landing pages mobile web mobile apps deep-linking (the big native app topic of 14) native apps can no longer live in a silo content should drive app usage from a content-based promo to web or IAP progressive engagement users need choice and direction we should always lead them to the best branded experience they will still engage via all channels when converted, they should access things based on their level of mobile engagement
- (c) Genwi 2014 Progressive Engagement In Action 12 landing pages web-based apps native apps example one:
- (c) Genwi 2014 Progressive Engagement In Action 13 structured creation organized access mobile promotion example two:
- (c) Genwi 2014 Progressive Engagement In Action 14 structured creation organized access mobile promotion example two:
- (c) Genwi 2014 Steps To Help You Drive Better Engagement 15 perform an audit of your content asap: we have a workbook that will help: genwi.com/c2c create some structured meta-data for all content: so you can manage it easier so people in your company know how to use it structured creation review how you create and offer content today with tools like: InDesign CMS PDF review how you can also offer less format-dependent versions of content: for example can eBooks also be offered via the browser? organized access if you have a native app talk to your development team about deep-linking plan how you want to engage with your audiences It may make sense to break audiences up - for b2b that may mean: sales enablement channel marketing customer support prospect nurturing mobile promotion ...and talk to us (weve been in the thick of this for years)...