Belgian Police Web Platform
Embed Size (px)
An open government platform for the Belgian Local Police. More information at http://www.openpolice.be.
Transcript of Belgian Police Web Platform
- Belgian Police Web Platform An open government platform for the Belgian Local Police http://www.openpolice.be
- Open Everything Open Development - Open Source - Open Data
- Why Open Matters We strongly believe that an open development model is the only way to foster badly-needed government standards, remove the fear of proprietary lock-in for government agencies, and create a large ecosystem that spans the government as a whole. All of our code is freely available under an open source license. Anyone can run it, build on it, or submit changes to it.
- http://openpolice.be Open Development
- https://github.com/belgianpolice/internet-platform Open Source
- http://www.lokalepolitie.be/5388/nieuws.json Open Data
- Problem definition Online public content created by Belgian local Police zones is inconsistent and does not target the needs of the user. Content cannot be properly consumed on mobile devices and managing the content is complex and requires too much (technical) knowledge.
- Challenge Improve User Experience (UX) and all aspects of the end-user's online interaction with the organization and its services. http://www.usability.gov/what-and-why/user-experience.html
- Factors that Influence UX Useful - Your content should be original and fulfil a need Usable - Site must be easy to use Desirable - Image, identity, brand, and other design elements are used to evoke emotion and appreciation Findable - Content needs to be navigable and locatable onsite and offsite Accessible - Content needs to be accessible to people with disabilities Credible - Users must trust and believe what you tell them
- User Research Why do people visit a police site ? They are looking for contact information They have a question or problem They are looking for specific information They clicked a shared link on social media
- Key Functionalities 5 key functionalities based on user research. News Questions Traffic About us Contact
- Accessibility Accessibility principles to follow for implementation Conforms to WCAG 2.0 level AAA Leverages WAI-ARIA & HTML5 Support for HTML data (schema.org) Progressive Enhancement (Mobile First) strategy Optimised for performance
- The Result Some screenshots
- http://www.lokalepolitie.be/5388 Support for any device
- Simple administration
- Integrated support system
- Demo Try it yourself www.openpolice.be/demo or www.lokalepolitie.be/leuven
- Metrics The web platform in numbers
- Todays coverage Used by 75% of all the Belgian Police zones.
- Online growth We will reach almost 3 million unique visitors by the end of 2014.
- Mobile on the rise More then 25% of visitors are using a mobile device.
- Key functionalities Pageviews based on key functionalities
- We build things for the web About us www.timble.net/about