Balkan Monitor - Hrvatska umorna od EU reformi
Embed Size (px)
Presentation of findings done for European fund for Balkans about climate in balkan countries about accession to EU.
Transcript of Balkan Monitor - Hrvatska umorna od EU reformi
- 1. Voices of the Balkans: between hope and disenchantment Robert Manchin Gallup Europe
- 2. What is the Gallup Balkan Monitor?
- A multi-year comparative project in 7 countries
- A stratified random sample of 1000 in each country
- Fieldwork September-October 2008
- Oversampling regions
- Face to face methodology
- Comparative questions
- Dedicated web-page
- Data dashboard / interactive
- 4. Emotional energy in new countries vs. BiH and Croatia
- 5. Strong feelings: Identification with own country (% very & extremely strongly) 65 58 33 76 61 65 52 42 79 10 51
- 6. % of people who can not identify at all or only a little with Balkans 60 34 41 47 10 23 21 32
- 7. Less emotional strength in identification with Europe (% very & extremely strongly) 26 22 15 67 49 35 25
- 8. Staying home or moving elsewhere? Ideally, would you like to move (permanently or temporarily) to another country, or would you prefer to continue living in [COUNTRY/ENTITY] ?
- 9. Subjective momentum getting better or worse
- 10. Corruption getting around, finding solutions
- 11. Organized crime popular pressure is particularly high in Croatia
- On the road to the European Union
- 13. The majority feels welcomed by the EU Do you think that the European Commission wants [COUNTRY] to join the European Union?
- 14. No perceived difficulties in the form of popular support of further enlargement Do you think that people in the European Union want s [COUNTRY] to join the European Union?
- 15. As Croats get closer to the date see more balanced costs and benefits Generally speaking, do you think that [COUNTRY]s membership of the European Union WOULD BE a good thing, a bad thing, or neither good or bad?
- 16. Croats convinced that personally they would not benefit from the accession
- The view of international community
- 18. Role of the international community over last 15-20 years Thinking of the last 15-20 years taking everything into account overall how would you describe the International communitys role in [COUNTRY]?
- 19. Relative (dis)TRUST IN INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTIONS
- NATO > EU
- EU > NATO
- 20. Deep divisions within Macedonia
- 21. The reputation of the ICTY in the region In your views what best describes the proceedings of the ICTY?
- 22. Satisfaction with government performance
- 23. Majority sees a need for a new Constitution in Bosnia
- 24. But they mean different outcomes:
- 25. WWW.BALKAN-MONITOR.EU
- Thank you and happy browsing: