Embed Size (px)
A strategic overview of the careers within audit profession.
- 1. Your Career in Auditing Mary Anne Burke
- 2. Create positive change
- Look at your companys armor
- 3. Developing Talent
- Keep staff challenged and grow professionally
- 4. Retention and Corporate Culture
- Collaborative, supportive team players
- Provide interaction with management
- Personal contributions and success of the business
- Give employees more responsibility
- 5. The art of possibilty
- Industry credentials and certifications
- Various soft skills and characteristics
- Guiding and integrating the autonomous but interconnected work of highly skilled people.
- 6. What is the Persuasive evidence?
- First: Companies are now gaining insights that managing talent within the auditing world is critical to the long term success for their companies.
- Companies need to be more responsive: and to maintain and keep their investments i.e. people.
- People are a company's most cherished intellectual asset.
- Success begins, and gains momentum.
- 7. What is the Persuasive evidence?
- Second: It is essential that the global skills inventory of the "best and the brightest" be challenged.
- We must constantly ask ourselves:
- What can we do to improve the audit industry and to improve our own career?
- As we all know one person can make a difference.
- 8. What is the Persuasive evidence?
- Third: There is a shortage of talent.
- Noted is the high ethical standard we place on the industry.
- The key to success is in the fabric of our people.
- One of the most important things I tell my clients is once we hire an audit professional we need to boost the long term employability to keep skills, and share knowledge.
- This is the basis on which the IIA and ISACA builds "sharing knowledge".
- Sharing the knowledge is what it is all about
- We all need to sharpen our skills and audit our own careers
- Lets reflect on the conclusions of our establishment
- There is a message to share in my work
- 10. Designing a Career in Auditing is
- Complex when dealing with
- scheduling conflicts, and travel
- Vision: knowing what you want and being able to attain it
- Rewarding experience for all
- 11. Challenges of Developing a Global Workforce
- The demands of Gen Y and X
- New technologies have eliminated barriers of distance, time, boundaries.
- Are we hiring the right skills for the task?
- 12. Empower Your Audit Career Today
- Share your knowledge with others
- 13. Empower Your Audit Career Today
- Think and Listen more carefully than ever before
- Share your energy and your knowledge
- Make interviewing part of your every day communication
- Teach others about what you have learned here at U of MD
- Be proud of you and your auditing career
- People around the world depend on you
- 14. Global trends in covering international operations
- 15. The talent war has gone globaland so have talent shortages
- 16. BRAIN POWER
- 17. Rock Star Status !
- 18. IMPORTANT Essential skills
- Extensive travel to see operations
- Truly understand the business strategies, grasping the business challenges and analyze business processes.
- Determining the skill set you can offer - testing, assessment, guides OR practical and accurate planning based on judgment
- 19. Different career paths
- Industry: SEC and non SEC reqs
- 20. Choices
- 21. The government agencies with the highest rates of job satisfaction
- 1. Office of Management and Budget
- 2. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- 4. National Science Foundation
- 7. National Credit Union Administration
- 8. Social Security Administration
- 9. U.S. Agency for International Development
- 10. General Services Administration
- 22. Results-Oriented Resumes
- Professional Associations, Board Affiliations, Awards and
- 23. The interview
- Demand for salaries ; balancing perception with reality and expectation
- Sustainability of your career with the company, agency, firm, org