Atlases & globes ppt
Embed Size (px)
Teaching fifth graders about globes and Atlases.
Transcript of Atlases & globes ppt
- 1. What are we doing?
- EALR/GLE : Social Studies. 3.1.1 Understands and applies basic mapping elements such as symbols, compass rose, labels, and a key to read and construct maps that display information about neighborhoods or local communities.
- Library Standard : AASL Standards for the 21st Century Learner. Draw conclusions, make informed decisions, apply knowledge to new situations, and create new knowledge. 2.3 Responsibilities 2.3.1 Connect understanding to the real world.
- 2. Atlases & Globes 5 th grade
- 5. Globe -
- 6. World Map
- 16. What Did we do?
- Raise Your Hand If:
- Learned the difference between a globe and a map.
- Can explain what a map is.
- Understand that different maps represent different places & information.
- Have seen an introduction to Google Earth.
- With help, can identify my own planet, country, state, county, city and neighborhood.