Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Atheism revisited
- 1. Atheism revisitedAn edited presentation
- 2. Why edited? I discovered a Ive put my slidespresentation calledamong the original A Shatteredslides, and Ive putVisage : The Reala red cross in theFace of Atheism upper right corner It was so full ofon my slideserrors that I just The original slidescouldnt let themare those withoutpass uncorrected this crossSee original presentation here: http://www.slideshare.net/Samkjohn/atheism-6026405
- 3. A Shattered Visage : The Real Face of Atheism
- 4. Noam Chomsky Political ActivistDecember 7, 1928 present date
- 5. KarlHeinrich MarxCommunist and Revolutionary May 5, 1818 March 14, 1883
- 6. Clinton Richard DawkinsEvolutionary Biologist To present date26 March 1941
- 7. Angelina JolieVoightAmerican ActressJune 4, 1975 To Present Date
- 8. What do these people incommon? ATHEISTS
- 9. Whats the point in mentioning these people? Here are some more Atheists: Catholics: Warren Buffet and Adolf Hitler, dictatorBill Gates, Father Donaldphilantropists,Roemer of thedonating $31 billion Archdiocese of Losto charity Angeles, convicted pedophile Baptist: Fred Phelps, pastor of Westboro Baptist Church
- 10. What is Atheism? The term atheism originated from theGreek (atheos), meaning"without gods. It is commonly defined as the positionthat there is no God. It is the denial of existence of God
- 11. What is Atheism? The term atheism originated from the Greek (atheos), meaning "without gods. Correct It is commonly defined as the position that thereis no God. Correct It is the denial of existence of God Wrong. It issceptisism towards anything unprobable andunproven. The existence of God is not madeprobable, the same way The flying spaghettimonster isnt made probable.
- 12. Gherman Stepanovich Titov the second man to orbit the Earth 11.09.1935 20.09.2000
- 13. He said while coming back, I went tospace and I did not see God. Somebody from the audience quipped,If he had stepped out of his space suit,he would have.
- 14. What does the Bible saysabout atheism? The fool has said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14: 1, 53:1
- 15. The bible is not a credible source of information The bible has been written by hundreds ofpeople, many of whom have altered the text andthe meaning. Some parts was written hundreds of years afterthe incidents they are meant to describe. Archaeology doesnt support any literal readingsof the bible. It is not a historically correct andcredible source in this respect. We have no other source of gods words otherthan the bible. Therefore it cannot be used outside an enclosedcontext, but only as a (more or less) fictionalwork.
- 16. Are they fools? If so, why? What are they affirming in the place ofGod? There is no value if atheism is true. There is no reference point. We are the product of primordial slime. Time + matter + chance + collection ofatoms. That is human beings.
- 17. Atheists are not fools What are atheists affirming in the place of god?Nothing. God is no necessary part of humanity. The assumption that there is no value if atheismis true is nonsense. Atheism does not equalnihilsm. Atheism can and does embracehumanistic values, and some values are evenshared with christianity. There is no reference point. Wrong. The conceptof humanistic ethics is one such, better known ashumanism. We are the product of primordial slime. Correct.Exactly as a human being is the product of spermand an egg.
- 18. More on atheistic ethics A god is no necessity for Atheists do good thingsbeing good. because the action itself Good can be the absence being good - is valuableof something negative, like because of the result, likehurting someone, or the gratifying someone else.presence of somethingpositive, like giving a Christians do good thingshomeless money. to achieve a personal goal, These are things most ofnamely being allowed intous learn during upbringing, an imaginary heaven. Thiswhere a god has no role.is therefore a selfishaction, not a generousaction.
- 19. Are they fools? If so, why? We are the product of evolution. We are doomed to extinction. There is nofuture. There is no purpose in our life.
- 20. Are they fools? If so, why? We are the product of evolution. We are doomed to extinction. There is nofuture. There is no purpose in our life.1. Evolution is the best documented theory for explaining how life has evolved. One busy week for a god is not an eaually probable theory, since no evidence support that theory.2. Research indicates that in one billion years, the sun will make earth inhabitable. Yes, we are doomed to extinction.3. This does not mean there is no purpose in human life. Life itself is one indeed one good purpose, among others.
- 21. Are they fools? If so, why? They reduces their own worth tonothing. They make their own laws. It is the survival of the fittest.
- 22. Are they fools? If so, why? They reduces their own worth tonothing. Wrong. Atheists respect human beings, and They make their own laws. respect each other as equally valuable. This also includes themselves. Christians, on the other hand, reduce their It is the survival of the fittest. own value to being an instrument of an imaginary god. And some even treat people with other beliefs as secondary to themselves.
- 23. Are they fools? If so, why? They reduces their own worth tonothing. They make their own laws.This is utter nonsense, and it has nothingto do with reality. It is the survival of the fittest.
- 24. Are they fools? If so, why? They reduces their own worth tonothing.theory of evolution is confused withThis is a gross misunderstanding, where abiologicalthe fabric of social life of mankind. They make their own laws. It is the survival of the fittest.
- 25. The Bible The fool has said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt. They have done abominable works. There is none who does good. The Lord looks down from heaven upon the children of men. To see if there are any who understand who seek God Psalm 14:1,2As stated earlier: This is a literal interpretation of a highly questionablesource, which in reality should be valued more as a novel, than as a precisedescription of historical facts.
- 26. The Bible They have all turned aside. They havetogether become corrupt. There is nonewho does good. No, not one.Psalm 14:3 As stated earlier: This is a literal interpretation of a highly questionable source, which in reality should be valued more as a novel, than as a precise description of historical facts.
- 27. An age old problem Then the Lord saw that the wickedness ofman was great in the earth, and that everyintent of the thoughts of his heart was onlyevil continually. Genesis 6:5 As stated earlier: This is a literal interpretation of a highly questionable source, which in reality should be valued more as a novel, than as a precise description of historical facts.
- 28. New means of escape Many philosophers tried to do away withthe need for God like DemocritusEpicurus They failed. Atheism depends heavily on the newmantra, the evolution theory.
- 29. New means of escape Many philosophers tried to do away withthe need for God likeDemocritusEpicurus They failed.There has been a number of more recent philosphers who should be Atheismdepends heavily on the newincluded here. (And maybe even the inquisituons should be mentioned?)Wikipedia has a long list:mantra, the evolution theory.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_atheist_and_agnostic_philosophersAnd the claim of failure is, again, nonsense. God cannot be proven, andthat is a theological fact that even most churches admit.
- 30. New means of escapeAtheism does not depend on evolution theory. Evolution theory is the besttheory we know of for explaining how life evolved. Evolution theory is not Many philosophers tried to do away withcontradictory to the excistence of a god, and is therefore also embraced by alot of priests, bishops, cardinals and even recent popes. the need for God likeEvolution theory is contradictory to Genesis, a description from a questionableDemocritussource. Genesis was written thousands of years after it supposedly happened.EpicurusAll serious scientists aggree on the fact that earth is about 4.5 billion years old,and that the universe is about 13.4 billion years old. Some of these scientistscall themselves christian. They failed. Atheismdepends heavily on the new mantra, the evolution theory.
- 31. Is evolution true? There are gaps inthe theory ofevolution. There are manyholes in this theory.Correct. There are gaps in the theory of evolution. However, none of these gapsundermine the theorys ability to explain how life evolved. Scientific methodensure that our understanding is challenged, and that our knowledge develops.The religious alternative is, by comparison, only supported by personal belief inan imaginary divine being, and unsupported by any scientific evidence.
- 32. The next few slides are meaningless, and I will not comment on them.A Hole so big that it will swallowan entire elephant herd
- 33. Sisyphus A mythologicalGreek person. Once he angeredmythological Greekgods. Hence he waspunished.
- 34. Sisyphus He has to roll up a big stone to the top ofthe mountain. Roll it down. Then roll it up. Roll it down. For eternity.
- 35. Atheists Modern day Sisyphus There is no mind to look back to for hisorigin, There is no law to turn to forguidance, There is no meaning to cling to for lifeand There is no hope for future.
- 36. Atheists Modern day Sisyphus It has the stare of death, looking into the barren desertof emptiness and hopelessness.
- 37. A result of rejecting God. In the U.S.A, they dont say the Lordsprayer anymore in sc