AS Evaluation Questions
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of AS Evaluation Questions
- + Evaluation of the Finished Product
- + Final Evaluation The evaluation is worth 20 marks It is worth 20% of the overall coursework grade. The depth of analysis and evaluation The detail of the answers The use of ICT
- + From the Specification A level 4 evaluation will demonstrate Excellent skill in the use of appropriate digital technology or ICT in the evaluation Excellent understanding of issues around audience, institution, technology, representation, forms and conventions of real media Excellent ability to refer to the choices made and outcomes Excellent understanding of their development from preliminary to full task Excellent ability to communicate
- + You must use a variety of methods to present your answers. At least 5 of your answers must be different.
- + Evaluation Question 1 In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products? What conventions of the thriller genre have you used? Compare your film to real films Use plenty of screen grabs and videos. Make sure you discuss how you have developed conventions as well as just used (copied) them. Have you challenged any conventions?
- + Evaluation Question 2 How does your media product represent particular social groups? Which social groups feature in your film? Gender, Age, Sexuality, Ethnicity, Class How have you portrayed them? Positive/Negative? Stereotypical?
- + Evaluation Question 3 What kind of media institution might distributed your media product and why? Film Studio Major? Mini Major? Independent Television Film4? BBC? Web Youtube? Twitter? DVD Straight to DVD?
- + Evaluation Question 4 Who would be the audience for your media product? Age Gender Class Why would they watch your film? What would appeal to them? Refer back to the audience research that you carried out before making the film. Refer to the audience feedback you received on the finished product who enjoyed it most?
- + Evaluation Question 5 How did you attract/address your audience? How does your Thriller hold the audiences attention Why would they want to carry on watching after your opening has ended? Write about your audience feedback, what did they say they enjoyed?
- + Evaluation Question 6 What have you learned about technologies from the process of constructing this product? Hardware Digital camcorder, digital still camera, tripod, microphone Software Final Cut Express, Live Type, Photoshop Internet Sites Blogger, Survey Monkey, Dafont, Youtube What have you learned? What skills have you gained?
- + Evaluation Question 7 Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learned in the progression from it to the product? Compare your thriller to the preliminary task: Quality of shot (holding the camera steady, moving it fluidly) Quality of image (lighting, colour, composition) Quality of sound (diegetic, non-diegetic, using cross fades, audio levels) Continuity (costumes, props) Continuity editing (match on action, eye line match, 180 degree rule)