Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Artistic maths
- 1. Artistic Maths The Golden Ratio
2. Architecture: Parthenon 3. University of Salamanca 4. Painting: The birth of Venus(Sandro Boticelli) 5. Painting: Mona Lisa (Leonardo da Vinci) 6. Painting: Leda atmica (Salvador Dal) 7. Nature: sea shells (Nautillus shell) 8. Human Body: Vitruvian Man (Leonardo da Vinci) 9. Our Body 10. and the question is
- Have they got anything in common?
- Is there anything that makes them appealling to the eye?
11. and the answer isyes! It is the Golden Ratio
- TheGolden Ratiois also defined as divine proportion ,divine section ,golden proportionorgolden number.Thegolden ratiois often denoted by theGreek letter phi , ( ).
12. phi= 1,6180339887498 13. Lets compare 14. A golden rectangle 15. Its hard to believe, butthere are Maths inside 16. The Golden ratio in design 17. The Golden Ratio in our body 18. The Golden ratio in our body 19. And last but not least
- The laws of nature are but the mathematical thoughts of God.(Euclides)