Art of photography
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Art of photography
- 1. The Art of Photography by Lloyd Smith
- 2. A little snow at the cabin
- 3. Lloyd Smith in Patagonia - Argentina
- 4. Lloyd in Nepal December 2014
- 5. Sky Fire Crater Lake Been printed around the world, even Readers Digest
- 6. A doll in a fish aquarium.
- 7. An orphan boy in Nairobi, Kenya. Been off the streets for two weeks.
- 8. I walked into a church in Soweto, South Africa and saw this darling little girl.
- 9. I loved the lighting A church in Soweto, South Africa. Rotary Magazine published it on their Website.
- 10. Ron Morrison, age 57, 20 felonies, 30 years in prison, Vietnam marine vet, heroin addict, COPD, mental. Kelso, Washington
- 11. A visit to Pilanesberg National Park South Africa
- 12. Parque National Torres Del Paine - Hosteria Pehoe - Patagonia
- 13. Austral Pygmy-owl Parque National Torres Del Paine
- 14. Mwanza, Tanzania
- 15. Sheepherder Parque National Los Alerces Esquel Bariloche - Patagonia
- 16. Get Organized! I encourage you to organize your photos so you can find them. Get a system. Put them into folders. This is the system I use for almost 2,000,000 photos. My computer has been upgraded to 16 terabytes, filled 3 terabytes.
- 17. Some samples of how I use photography 1-My son called me and asked if I had any photos of my 18 year old granddaughter, Kaitlyn Smith. In 3 hours I had 1200 photos, 18 years of her life. Probably a record for a grandpa. Had many more. 2-To honor my wife Helen Smiths, 70th birthday I put together an album of 3,000 photos. It took me a year of sorting through 2,000,000 photos. 3-I have matched up objects in my folks photos to objects we still have todaythe Museum Project.
- 18. 1- The Kaitlyn Smith project 1997-2015
- 19. Kaitlyn Smith with her dad, Keith Smith 1997
- 20. Kaitlyn growing up
- 21. Kaitlyn even modeld for me in Cabo
- 22. Kaitlyn Smith holding her cousin Reuben Tanner
- 23. Kaitlyn is growing up!
- 24. The Helen Project 1945-2015 Sorted through 1.5 million photos for 3,000 photos over 70 years
- 25. 1945 The first photo of Helen. When Helens mother died we found thousands of negatives in boxes in her apartment. They have all been scanned. 10,000 images
- 26. One of the houses that Helen was raised in. The snow blew through the cracks. She remembers the outhouse well.
- 27. 1963 Graduation photo 1963 I started taking her photo, been shooting Helen for 52 years
- 28. She has been an active girl
- 29. Helen Mae Boormans albums cover 70 years, 3000 photos, a world record for a husband
- 30. I will be sending out this PowerPoint later today, you can click on the links to check out Helen or copy and paste. Album 1: Helen Mae Boorman Smith - Watching Helen Grow Up I (1945-1984) https://picasaweb.google.com/114431897981658921755/HelenMaeBoormanSmithWatchingHelenGrowUpI19451984 Album 2: Helen Mae Boorman Smith - Watching Helen Grow up II (1985-2008) https://picasaweb.google.com/114431897981658921755/HelenMaeBoormanSmithWatchingHelenGrowUpII19852008 Album 3: Helen Mae Boorman Smith - Watching Helen Grow Up III (2008-Present) https://picasaweb.google.com/114431897981658921755/HelenMaeBoormanSmithWatchingHelenGrowUpIII2008Present
- 31. 3-The Museum Project Old photos with an object still owned in the photo 1951 Dad sitting on his milking stool. I still have the stool.
- 32. 1935 Helens mother in her prom , graduation and wedding dress.
- 33. 1959 Lloyd sitting at his desk, note the chair and slide rule, age 19
- 34. 2015 The desk, the chair and the slide rule in the display
- 35. 2015 Lloyds grandson Bennett Smith sitting at the same desk with the same slide rule
- 36. Helen in 1952 holding the Bible, ready for church.
- 37. Haiti 2010 I photographed this girl Haiti 2012, ran into same girl in camp
- 38. Haiti one month after the earthquake
- 39. Haiti
- 40. Haiti
- 41. Nepal
- 42. Mount Rainier National Park
- 43. Crater Lake National Park 1970s
- 44. Crater Lake National Park in black and white
- 45. In the Mountains of Nepal
- 46. Cabo, Mexico
- 47. Lloyd Smith in Haiti one month after earthquack