APM London 9th July - Alex Bolton, Head of Solutions and Projects at T-Systems
Embed Size (px)
Presentation given by Alex Bolton of T-Systems at The Strand Palace Hotel on Wednesday 9th July 2014. APM event designed for Project & Programme Management (PPM) and Learning & Development professionals within our corporate membership, and other organisations with a strong interest in developing professional standards within their PPM community.
Transcript of APM London 9th July - Alex Bolton, Head of Solutions and Projects at T-Systems
- APM Developing 3PM Breakfast Presentation Alex Bolton RPP VP solutions and projects, Region EMEA T-Systems. July 2014
- Agenda 2 KEEP IN MIND INTRODUCTION T-SYSTEMS AT A GLANCE COLLABORATION WITH APM BENEFITS 1 2 3 4 5 Who we are and what we do The need for change Clear improvements Considerations for you To the presenter.
- HOBBIES HITTING MOVING TARGETS - EASY! FAMILY: TAXI DRIVER., ATM NO SPARE TIME! WORK: PROJECTS AND IT OUTSOURCING - 15 YRS T-SYSTEMS 2 YRS HOBBIES HITTING STATIONARY TARGETS HARD! Introduction to Me.....
- T-Systems at a glance Enabler of Connected Life and Work...
- T-SYSTEMS: ICT FOR CORPORATE CUSTOMERS For private & public sector institutions For multinational groups from all sectors Automotive industry Manufacturing industry Telecommunications Financial sector Retail Services Media Energy Healthcare Employees: 50 000 globally Revenue: 9.5 Billion (2013) 89 Data centres Worldwide 20,000 cloud systems in operation 1.6M managed workplaces over 400,000 km of managed network 4 531 2
- SOME KEY FIGURES. IN A 60-second Flash. 695,000 STATUS UPDATES 168M EMAILS SENT 694,445 QUERIES 90,000+ TWEETS 600+ NEW VIDEOS 6,600+ NEWPHOTOS 11MILLION INSTANT MESSENGER CONNECTIONS 2,100 CHECK-INS $219,000. REVENUE 4 531 2
- Complex clients, complex projects, no consistency Every industry and client different Too many delivery issues in project management Dissatisfied clients Need to attract and retain PM talent in the market place 7 Needed a clear structured career framework Competency based Simple to navigate Utilise best practice Aimed to drive professionalism into our Project Management Services T-Systems in Partnership with the APM. - WHY? 4 521 3
- Insert logos from Don? PM Career Development Drive your own careers 4 521 3 Project Management
- T-Systems PM Career Framework Cornerstones The APM model of professionalism Deutsche Telekom & T-Systems Existing HR frameworks The APM competency Framework Existing Job Families Expert Groups 1-5 PMI used in Germany Links to other career paths PMO Project management Program management 4 areas, Customer, Finance, People, Leadership 30 Mapped competencies 4 521 3
- Drive your own careers 4 521 3
- Drive your own careers 4 521 3
- 12 T-Systems in Partnership with the APM. 4 521 3
- 13 T-Systems in Partnership with the APM. 4 521 3
- T- Systems has been corporate members with the APM since 2012 and is driving individual membership within the organisation. Certified in Project Management standards in 2013. Headline sponsor for PM awards in Nov 2014 14 Consistent approach to project delivery Application of PM standards Individuals can see a clear path for their career Management of performance discussions is unambiguous Evidenced in results.... T-Systems in Partnership with the APM. BENEFITS? 2 531 4
- What should you keep in mind?
- Is Project Management Core to your Business? Do your projects regularly fall short of the delivery standard expected? Are you satisfied with the Methodology and Process your company uses to execute its projects? Do you have high attritian rates in your PM community? Do you even HAVE a PM community? If you want to invest and improve in these areas then the APM can support as much or as little as you need them to! 16 T-Systems in Partnership with the APM. 2 531 5 4
- Business Card.