Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Andrew Timeline
- 1. Technology and Me A personal timelineof educational technology .
- My name is Andrew Shelley.
- I stared kindergarten in 1986 in Emmaus, PA.
- I graduated from Emmaus High in 1999.
- I received my degrees in Elementary and Special Ed. from Elizabethtown College in 2003.
- I currently teach severely handicap students at Kapolei High School.
- My goal for the future is to become a lottery winner.
www.eastpenn.k12.pa.us www.etown.edu 3. My definitionof educational technology Any tool outside of the paper and pencil realm that can enhance learning and understanding across any content area. 4. Web sites on ed tech history
- History and Philosophy of Technology Education from the U. of Wisconsin-Stout
- HISTORY of T ECHNOLOGY EDUCATION in the U.S
- Patrick Foster Ph.D. at the University of Missouri-Columbia
- A brief history of special education technology.
5. Kindergarten technology
- I remember listening to music and stories on records and cassettes.
- In elementary school I had the high score on Oregon Trailmy introduction to computers.
6. High school technology Anyone remember laserdiscs? My teachers thought these would change the world!!! www.laserdiscservice.com www.microsoft.com I learned word processing and how to type on Word 97. www.ti.com Wasting away in math class playing games and programming formulas 7. College technology Everything I did in college was based on OfficeXPfrom word processing, to using Excel to complete my payroll job, to designing PowerPoint's for presentations.America Online helped me stay in touch with family and friends while away from home. Internet Explorer opened the internet to me.Many hours were spent conducting research with this engine.Every building had an up-to-date computer lab. 8. A vivid technologylearning experience
- My aha moment with technology is when I mastered typing. I know it might not seem like much but it has saved me so much time from just using my index fingers.
9. A technology I want to use in my classroom
- I want to apply more assistive technology to augment my students limited communication abilities and options.
Speech from symbols Synthesized speech www.dynavoxtech.com www.dynavoxtech.com Eye gaze system 10. My vision of the classroomof the future
- I would love to see a complete wireless classroom that students can easily navigate to get in touch with their classmates and students from all over the world.
11. A challenge for teaching
- The biggest hurdle I foresee will be standards-based assessment.Teachers will have to come up with new ways to show that using new technologies meet the same requirements .
12. Words of wisdom
- Dont take life too seriously. Youll never get out alive.
- -Bugs Bunny