Embed Size (px)
Political Advertising of American Flags
Transcript of American Flags
- 1. By Luke Cosgrove The American Flags Influence on Political Ads
- Red symbolizes Hardiness and Valor.
- White symbolizes Purity and Innocence.
- Blue represents Vigilance, Perseverance and Justice.
- The Flag is used in political advertising to show patriotism.
- It is also found in almost every single picture of Presidents throughout history.
- President Bush is here without an American Flag in the background yet he is wearing a pin of the American flag.
- Former President Clinton is not wearing the colors of our flag but there is an actual flag evident in the background.
- Here former President Carter is wearing red , white and blue . There is also a flag visible in the background.
- Newly elected President Obama is shown here both dressed in the colors of the flag of the United States and there are two flags behind him.
- George Bush Sr. here is in this picture has a red , white and blue tie and again another American Flag in the background
- It is very rare that a President is without the flag, because in the eyes of many is means more than just representation of our country.
- Most if not all President throughout history always have used the flag of the United States as a powerful political advertising tool.
- The Flag means many things to many people therefore it becomes an invaluable asset to all politicians attempting to reach out to the people of the United States