Agile And Lean Practices - The Mobile Academy
Embed Size (px)
These slides supported the session I ran at The Mobile Academy London. The session was to introduce Agile and Lean practices. The session was based on principles which should have set the scene for the attendees to use in their workplaces or understand Agile some more. We discussed Scrum as an example framework and the value of inspect and adapt processes to support startups and enterprises. I was considering to record myself speaking over these slides to give it more context. If you would be interested, let me know and if I get more that 5 requests, I'll do it.
Transcript of Agile And Lean Practices - The Mobile Academy
- Agile & Lean Practices Craig Strong
- ABOUT ME AGILE/LEAN COACH & TRAINER LEAN STARTUP & ENTERPRISE COACH SCRUM, KANBAN, XP, ToC LONDON AGILE PRACTITIONERS firstname.lastname@example.org @craigstrong uk.linkedin.com/in/craigstrong/
- LEAN ? Lean thinking denes value as providing benet to the customer; anything else is waste.! ! The Lean Startup: How Constant Innovation Creates Radically Successful Businesses by Eric Ries
- LEAN ? Working from the perspective of the customer who consumes a product or service, "value" is dened as any action or process that a customer would be willing to pay for.! ! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lean_manufacturing
- LEAN ? Minimal amount of effort required for you to learn what the customers needs are.! ! ! ! !
- AGILE & LEAN Agile DOES NOT lead to more software being developed faster. It leads to the RIGHT software being delivered as fast as possible.
- SCRUM FRAMEWORK
- PEOPLE Great ideas get better when people work together
- ROLES TEAM PRODUCT OWNER SCRUM MASTER
- SPRINT 1-2 WEEKS
- STANDUP What did you do yesterday ? What are you working on today? Any problems or blockers ?
- PLANNING Cross-Functional Teams = Efcient Solutions
- SPRINT DEMO WORKING SOFTWARE NOT PLANS!
- BENEFITS Quickly Know If You Take Wrong Turn Unpredictable Environment Test Assumptions Potentially Shippable Software
- LEARNING EACH SPRINT CUSTOMER ENGINEERINGSTAKEHOLDER
- HYPOTHESES We believe [target market] ! Will [do this action / use this solution] ! For [this reason]
- LEARN EACH SPRINT
- CASE STUDY NOWTV.COM
- INTERNAL STARTUP
- VISIBLE INFORMATION
- FACE TO FACE PAIR PROGRAMMING
- READABLE TESTS
- SPRINTS 1-2 WEEK SPRINTS SCRUM OF SCRUMS STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT VISIBLE AND ACCESIBLE INTEGRATED TEAMS FREQUENT DEMONSTRATIONS METRICS LIVE AND VISIBLE TEAM ENVIRONMENT CUSTOMER SUPPORT TO EXECS INTEGRATED VISIBLE TESTS
- POWER OF SMALL TEAMS Turned down $3bn offer from Facebook No source of revenue When asked about future revenue sources for Snapchat, CEO Evan Spiegel is testing a new hypothesis: getting users to pay for added value services. By using agile development, instead of waterfall development, Snapchat will be able to build itself incrementally and iteratively. http://blogs.ubc.ca/amnamasud/2013/11/12/lean-start-up-snapchat/