Advocated for Diverse Abilities March 3 rd Meeting.
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Advocated for Diverse Abilities March 3 rd Meeting.
- Slide 1
- Advocated for Diverse Abilities March 3 rd Meeting
- Slide 2
- HUGE EVENT THIS SEMESTER! Disability Awareness Week! April 13 th -17 th Partnering with Student Organization Best Buddies!
- Slide 3
- Monday, April 13th 1/3 bottom of Bascom Hill is ours! 9am-5pm 200 sign holders, need HELP making signs! Include disability statistics, esp. on campus!
- Slide 4
- Tuesday, April 14th East Campus Mall Language Usage Day Tables outside of the SAC 12pm-4pm Signature Banner to End the Word(s) Hand Outs Selling DAW t-shirts
- Slide 5
- Wednesday, April 15 th Question & Answer Panel at School of Nursing 4pm-6pm Cooper Hall
- Slide 6
- Thursday, April 16th ADAs Day! Art Show! Working on placement-Possibly SAC all week and Thursday would be reception night (food and speakers) Looking for artwork from individuals on campus and in the community-disability related ADA Committee-Nichole & William Looking for more HELPERS!
- Slide 7
- Friday, April 17th Handicap This! Production (funded by ASM) 4:30pm-10:30pm Humanitites https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqC FG_eKHXM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqC FG_eKHXM
- Slide 8
- Sunday, April 19th ADA Tabling at ASK LISTEN SAVE Suicide Prevention Walk 12pm-3pm Sellery Backyard
- Slide 9
- Reminder: Dues $5 per semester (some may have already paid $7 for whole year) Pins & Bracelets: $3 each or 2 for $5 T-SHIRTS NOW $10!!! GET ONE WHILE THEYRE HERE!
- Slide 10
- Donut Fundraiser: March 11th 8am-Noon in Psychology Please check e- mail for doodle poll sign-up $2 per donut! ADA Facebook Event-Invite your friends!
- Slide 11
- So cool that it is happening again..TECH NIGHT! Sunday, March 8 th in Smith Residency Hall 7 p.m. Some new and some old! Come to see more interesting technology and strategies to assist in day to day life! Bring friends!
- Slide 12
- Next General Member Meeting: March 17 th Right here in Educational Sciences Deaf Awareness Night!
- Slide 13
- Our Speakers Tonight: Anna from Employment Resources, Inc. Employment for people with disabilities Heather Stelljis-McBurney Specialist Self-advocacy