Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Adult education
- 1. Adult Education TEACHERS PPT
2. Unit Summary
- The drive for 100% literacy is on! Students young and old have to get literate, so that the nation can progress!
- Studentsanalyse and identify the causes for adult illiteracy and make presentations to the community leaders and adults to make them understand the problem of illiteracy in their locality.
- They evolve strategies to increase adult education and teach in a centre.
- Students organize awareness rally and persuade several adults to return to the classroom to gain the benefit of education.
- Illiteracy in India is a grave and extensive problem.
- 45% of the adults are illiterate.
- While the Government of India reports about 20 million adult illiterates, other non-governmental organizations estimate the number to be closer to 50 million.
- The exploitation of labourers has become an accepted practice because illiterates
- cannot fight for their
Unit Summary (Contd..) 4. Essential Question
- How can I contribute to making a better INDIAN society?
5. Unit Question How can I contribute to community development through adult education? 6. Content Questions
- What is adult illiteracy?
- What are the main causes of adult illiteracy?
- What are the steps taken by the government to remove illiteracy?
- What can you do to remove adult illiteracy?
7. My Goals / Mission
- Learn about different causes for adult illiteracy
- Find solutions to eradicateit.
- Develop plan of action
8. My Goals / Mission (Contd..)
- Create awareness to local people on the importance of education
- Find ways to get my students to do more higher-order thinking and help them do their project effectively
9. How do you go about?
- Collect the database of school drop-outs
- Interview and fill questionnaire
- Analyze reasons for adult illiteracy
- Research on Internet referring to the list of websites to gather information on strategies adopted by other countries to combat the problem
- Suggest strategies and find solution to the local problem
- Share your ideas on ablog
11. While conducting survey, keep in mind
- To meet the respondents in their convenient time
- To be polite while asking questions
- To ask respondents to give unbiased opinion as their identity will not be disclosed
- To personally administer the data collection process
- To check whether all the questions are answered in the questionnaire
- Work as a team, not in isolation
- Dont forget to play the roles assigned
- Give credit to the websites / authors
13. You will be expected to
- Prepare a presentation
- To share your ideas with the community leaders
- Put up Posters
- To gather people for awareness rally
- Blog your ideas
- To share strategies to eradicate child labour
14. Get support from
- List of reading material and reference books
- List of Websites
- Organizer Chart
- Multimedia Presentation Rubric
- Poster rubric
15. Have fun learning through doing!!! 16. Thank You