A National Disability Event: looking for sponsorship, business and community engagement
Embed Size (px)
Dick Smith Walk With Me is the only National disability event of its kind. The national platform is a unique opportunity for national and state based organisations and business to get involved. Either as a sponsor or in an staff engagement activity. #DickSmithWalkWithMe is a series of 20 community events being held in capital and regional centres across the nation. The events are made possible by a partnership between #AbilityFirstAustralia, 12 state based #disability service providers and the sponsorship of #DickSmith. The community events are an acknowledgement that 1 in 4 Australian are touched by a disability, that at a 2km or 4km walk can be a challenge for 25% of the population. For further information or a discussion on how you can get involved visit: www.walkwithme.org.au or call the Walk With Me Team Andrew Rowley 02 8259 7705, or Geoffrey Bowll 0400 284 411
Transcript of A National Disability Event: looking for sponsorship, business and community engagement
- 2014 Australias Leading Event Connecting People of All Abilities
- You with me?
- Walk With Me OK then...
- While its only a short walk for some, its a REAL challenge for others.
- Walk with Me is a series of events held across the nation
- All funds raised will be distributed to our Charity Partners:- providing vital services to children, adults and their families. EQUIPMENT & TECHNOLOGY THERAPY SERVICES RESPITE CARE ACCOMMODATION LIFESTYLE OPTIONS, RECREATION & EMPLOYMENT EDUCATION
- We are all walking together
- FUN POSITIVITY COMMUNICATION EMBRACING CONNECTING ASPIRING GROWTH TOGETHERNESS HAPPINESS EDUCATION COMMUNITY RESPECT LAUGHTER PAINTING BREAKING DOWN BARRIERS DANCING CHATTING DRAWING EMPATHY UNDERSTANDING SINGING LEARNING LOVE OPPORTUNITIES INCLUSION LISTENING What we stand for Connecting people of all abilities
- DISINTEREST PRECONCEPTIONS FEAR We need to change community attitudes INEQUALITY EMBARRASSMENT NEGATIVITY MISINFORMED CONDESCENDING MARGINALIZATION PITY PREJUDICE IGNORANCE INTIMIDATION EXCLUSION Connecting people of all abilities
- Outcomes KNOWLEDGE EMPLOYMENT INCLUSION SAFETY ACCESSIBILITYLOOKING PAST THE DISABILITY IMPORTANCE DIGNITY RESPECT FUNDING ACCEPTANCE EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EDUCATION Connecting people of all abilities RELEVANCE
- People with a disability, their families and friends Charity partners 12 service providers, their staff and families Corporate Partners, their staff, families and friends Community groups Target audience / Demographic Government Agencies General Public Schools Media (Print, Radio, TV) People with disabilities is the only minority group anyone can join at any time
- Reach 1 National campaign 13 Disability Organisations providing services to over 150,000 Australians with disabilities 22 events The reach is an opportunity for sponsors to access national, state and local markets. 6 states 5 capital cities 17 regional centres 10,000 + participants and fundraisers 5,000 + community groups
- Uniqueness UniqWalk with Me is Australias leading event connecting people of all abilities Walk with Me is the only National event of its kind Offers companies the ability to support & engage with 13 member organisations (charities) under one unique banner/event Offers companies the ability to connect with people of all abilities, given research shows us that 1 in 4 Australians are touched by disability National, Regional & Capital City activation One of the very few (if not only) events to support adults, children, family and carers
- Branding opportunities /sponsorship benefits
- Presenting partner rights - $20,000 ( Year 1) Proudly presented by ABC Company Logo on all collateral Walk With Me registration website (via Everyday Hero) Communications Strategy distributed to all 12 service providers Promotional merchandise caps, t-shirts Event gantry (start/finish line), Course signage Media Board Company representative to speak at the event Engagement opportunities to be tailored to: - Staff - Clients - Networkers - Customers - Stakeholders - Corporate Social Responsibility-driven initiatives: - Fundraising - Volunteering
- State or National Fundraising Partner - $8,000 Educate and equip your staff and community to fundraise in support of Walk With Me through a variety of fundraising initiatives. Research shows that companies who demonstrate a clear Corporate Social Responsibility are seen as more attractive employers, therefore attracting high calibre employees. Walk with Me provides an opportunity for staff to embrace an event that is likely to have personal meaning to them in some way. Your company activity will be showcased on the dedicated Walk With Me fundraising page Give your company the opportunity to collaborate with clients, customers, key stakeholders, staff and their families Suggested staff engagement initiatives: fundraising activities cake stall, sausage sizzle, etc
- Supplier - $5000 In-kind support for the running and management of the events around Australia marquees, food & beverages, transport, drink bottles, merchandise, etc.
- With me Social Media offers the perfect platform for inclusive engagement. A social media campaign will incorporate Facebook, Twitter & Instagram whereby the general public can upload images and videos that fit the With Me campaign, ie. Walk with Me, Draw with Me, Sit with Me, Chat with Me, Dance with Me, Paint with Me, etc. These images will form the basis of promotion for the 2015 Walk With Me events, which will be extended to incorporate the other with me activities play, sing, dance, etc. Social media activation
- Why walk with us? You will be part of Australias leading event for people of ALL abilities Your single contribution will benefit adults, children, families AND carers Your support will be distributed amongst TWELVE charity partners The event is EASY for staff and customer engagement activities Walk With Me and leave a legacy for the future of one quarter of Australians who are touched by a disability.