7 wonders of the world
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of 7 wonders of the world
- 1. WONDERSOf the world
- 2. Seven Wonders of the world refers to remarkable constructionsmade by human or nature.These wonders are listed by the popular guide books and sight- 7seers.7 is thought to be a number for representation of perfection andplenty.7 wonders resembles ancient civilizations in that time.New 7 wonders has defined from time to time:- 7 Wonders of Ancient World (484 305 BCE)- 7 Wonders of Medieval World (19th 20th Centuries)- 7 Wonders of Modern World (21st Century)
- 3. Wonders of Modern WorldWonders of the New World was announced in July 7 200771. Great Wall of China (China)2. Petra (Jordan)3. Christ the Redeemer (Brazil)4. Machu Picchu (Peru)5. Chichen Itza (Mexico)6. Colosseum (Italy)7. Taj Mahal (India) This list of wonders were announced by New7Wonders Foundation in Switzerland.
- 4. Taj Mahal7
- 5. Taj Mahal (Agra, India) Built by Muslim Mughal Empeire Shah Jahan 7Memorial for his beloved late wife, Mumtaz It took 15 years to build this beautiful spectacular tomb. Considered as a finest example of Mughal art and architecture.Shah Jahan was arrested by one of his sons after the completion of Taj Mahal. It said that he spent the rest of the days gazing at Taj Mahal from a window.
- 6. Colosseum6
- 7. Colosseum (Italy)Constructions began under Empire Vespasian6 Kind of a sports stadiumStadium can hold up to 50,000 spectatorsGory games involving gladiators, wild animals and prisoners were held therein ancient timeFamous design of the colosseum still resembles in modern stadium
- 8. Chichen Itza 5
- 9. Chichen Itza (Mexico)This is the most famous temple city of Mayas5It was the political and religious centre of Maya civilization during 750-1200 ADThis is the temple of Kukulken where the citys heart lies.Rises to a height of 79 feet. There are 91 steps in each of its four sides, one step for one day of the year. 365th Day of the year represents the top platform.
- 10. Machu Picchu 4
- 11. Machu Picchu(Peru)It is a 15th Century mountain settlement in the Amazon region of Peru4 Ruined city belongs to the Inca civilization.It was hourished in the ancles region of west south America
- 12. Christ the Redeemer3
- 13. Christ the Redeemer(Brazil) It is in the Rio-De Janerio, Brazil3 Christ the Redeemer is 130 Feet tall Second highest art dcor statue in the worldIt is a symbol of christinityStatue has become an icon of Rio & BrazilIt has made of re enforced concrete and sompstone
- 14. Petra2
- 15. Petra(Jordan) Perched on the age of the Arabian dessert 2Petra was the capital of Nabatocan kingdom Petra is famous for many of its stone structuresSuch as a temple carved with classical facades into rose colored rock.
- 16. Great Wall of China1
- 17. Great Wall of China(China)Was built along Chinas northern border over many centuries1 It was to keep out involving Mongol tribesConstructed between 5th century 16th century BCGreat wall is the worlds largest human made structure.It is stretching some 4000 miles
- 18. 7WONDERSOf the world THE END