- 1. SEVEN MODERNWONDERS OF THEWORLD
- The American Society of Civil Engineers
- compiled a list of seven wonders of the world.
- The American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) is a professional body founded in 1852 to represent members of the civil engineering profession worldwide.
3. THE PANAMA CANAL
- Began in 1880s and finished in 1914
- It joins the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans.
4. THE PANAMA CANAL
- Engineers describe the canal as a victory of humans over geography.
- Workers dug huge amounts of land and tamed rivers.
5. THE ITAIPU DAM
- It is the worlds largest hydroelectric plant
6. THE ITAIPU DAM
- It goes across Panama river
- It is between Brazil and Paraguay
7. THE GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE
- Began in 1933 and finished in 1937
- It is located in the north of san francisco
8. THE GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE
- It connects the city of San Francisco on the northern tip of the San Francisco Peninsula to Marin County
9. THE CN TOWER
- It is one of the tallest free-standing buildings
- Began in 1973 and finished in 1976
10. THE CN TOWER
- It is a signature icon of Toronto's skyline, and a symbol of Canada
- The constructors used it for tv and radio broadcasting
11. CHANNEL TUNNEL
- Began in 1987 and finished in 1994
- It is a remarkable convenience
12. CHANNEL TUNNEL
- The channel joins France and England
- A train carries the cars,buses and trucks through the tunnel
13. THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING
- First building with 102 stories. New York, NY, U.S.
- It is the tallest building built in just 410 days
14. THE NETHERLANDS NORTH SEAPROTECTION WORKS
- It is another victory over geography
- It was built to control river and shut out the sea
- Our world has many significant works of art.All these seven wonders were created by man,showing how far that we have come in technology and construction.
16. THANK YOU