5 google tips and tricks for students
Embed Size (px)
Google Can Do your Maths Assignment, Do your Research, Reference Your paper, and Do Multiple choice questions! Learn how to harness the power of google to make your college life easier!
Transcript of 5 google tips and tricks for students
- 1. 5 Google Tips and Tricks Every Student Should Know By iWriteEssays.com
- 2. 5 Google Tips and Tricks Every Student Should Know Introduction Google is one of the most powerful learning tool available to students today. However, most students do not know how to google efficiently to find the answers that they seek. Armed with the right strategies to google you should be able to find a lot more information on your subject. Here are a few tips for using Google search and other apps more effectively to further your education.
- 3. Google Hack 1: Quickly Find Exactly the Information You Need
- 4. Google Hack 1: Quickly Find Exactly the Information You Need Everyone knows how to google. However, only a few of us know how to google efficiently. If you want to get more out of google, you should use these easy hacks to make your search yield more helpful results: a) Enter keywords and phrases. You can easily find pages within websites using the search command site:[website URL] or authors using author:[name]. Another cool search hack is intitle:[word], which will help you find pages with a certain word in the title. You can use this to search for catchy topics for your next essay. b) Search for Format or File extensions. You will be able to find more relevant results if you use filetype:[jpg, Jpeg, png] and filetype:[ docs, pdfs, xls] to find d0cuments. This will help you find studies that you can download to use offline.
- 5. Google Hack 1: Quickly Find Exactly the Information You Need c) Broaden Your Search. Use an asterisk (*) as a wildcard search operator to fill in the blanks. For example, "Why money is *" These search strings can help you in a number of ways: a) Find practice exams and other reference materials- you can use the Site: edu search strings to find education websites that offer exams. For example,site:edu advanced chemistry exam." Combine this with the "filetype:pdf" or "filetype:doc" format for additional exams and documents. b) Combine modifiers together to find results that are more relevant. For example, you can try : "site:nytimes.com high school "test scores" SAT2010..2014" c) Limit search results to exclude unwanted results. For example, if you do not want Wikipedia results you can use the minus sign (-) it. An example is "encryption site: Wikipedia.org" to exclude Wikipedia or "jaguar car" to exclude the Jaguar Cars from your results.
- 6. Google Hack 2: Answer Multiple Question Answers In Minutes
- 7. Google Hack 2: Answer Multiple Question Answers In Minutes You do not have to open hundreds of pages to get the answers to your multiple choice exam. A few google hacks to use to ace your exam without searching for the correct answers for days include: a) Super Fast definitions. Use "define [word]" to quickly bring up a word's definition. For example define thesis b) Have Google fill in the blanks- Use googles autocomplete to find answers fast. For example, start typing "Martin Luther King Jr. was born on " will show you "January 15 1929" and "Thomas Edison invented " will show you pictures of Thomas Edisons inventions with pictures!
- 8. Google Hack 3: Make Google Do your Maths If you do not already know this, Google has some awesome calculators and conversion tools on its search page, which you can use to do your algebra exams! Search the solution for your problem and you will get the result in a fraction of a second! For example, search for log 2 of 3 gives:
- 9. Google Hack 3: Make Google Do your Maths
- 10. Google Hack 4: Find Books and Scholarly articles
- 11. Google Hack 4: Find Books and Scholarly articles If you are writing your essay, google books and google scholar should be your starting place to find scholarly articles to read on the topic you are writing. Use Google's advanced book search for options like book language, author, publication dates, and more. In the search results, you can also click on "Search tools" to filter books by ones that are available with a preview, select books, or magazines, and filter or sort by date. You can download all the books that are out of copyright. Additionally, you can use Google Scholar to find peer-reviewed journals, patents, and more.
- 12. Google Hack 5: Easy Citation and Referencing With Google Drive IF you do not know the first thing about referencing your paper in APA, MLA, Harvard, or any of the other referencing styles, Google drive will come in handy for you! Google Drives research tool finds information for you while you work on your paper and conveniently grabs the citation and inserts it, already formatted, into your document.
- 13. Google Hack 5: Easy Citation and Referencing With Google Drive
- 14. iWriteEssays.com iWriteEssays.com's revolutionary essay paper, research paper and dissertation offers the best and most unique essay and dissertation writing services to clients worldwide. Hire Essay Writers online To Help You Write your Essay