4 Indian states- North, south,east,west
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of 4 Indian states- North, south,east,west
- By- Shubhra Agarwal
- Northern State- Punjab Punjab is a state located in the Northern part of India. Punjab, also known as the land of the five rivers, is one of the most fertile tracts of land in the country. The climate is largely dry, but agriculture is made possible by the expensive network of irrigation channels.
- Dress of Punjab Men: Kurta and dhoti and pagdi. Women: Salwar kameez
- Food Punjab is famous for its tandoori chicken.
- Government Established-1966-11-01 Capital- Chandigarh Largest city- Ludhiana Districts- 22 Governor-Shivraj Patil Chief Minister- Parkash Singh Badal Parliamentary constituency- 13 High Court- Punjab and Haryana High Court
- Southern State- Kerala
- Located in the Southern tip of India, Kerala is a land carved out of the Western Ghats. Kerala is a state hate has heavy rainfall during the year.
- Dance of Kerala Main dance of Kerala is Kathakali. It is a dance of expressions.
- Traditional Kerala Meal
- Clothes Men- Mundu Women- Mundumneriyathum.
- Backwaters- house boat
- Government Established- 1 November 1956 Capital- Thiruvananthapuram Districts- 14 Body- Government of Kerala Governor- Nikhil Kumar Chief Minister -Oommen Chandy High Court- Kerala High Court
- Western state- Goa Goa is India's smallest state by area and the fourth smallest by population. Capital is Panaji. Largest city is Vasco da Gama. Districts are 2.
- Food Rice with fish curry is the staple diet in Goa.
- Dress of Goa
- Government Capital- Panaji Largest city- Vasco da Gama Districts- 2 Governor- Bharat Vir Wanchoo Chief Minister- Manohar Parrikar Legislature-Unicameral Parliamentary constituency -2 High Court- Bombay High Court
- Eastern state- Manipur
- Dance Manipuri
- Main Dance Theater
- Government Established- 21 January 1972 Capital- Imphal Districts- 9 Governor -Gurbachan Jagat Chief Minister- Okram Ibobi Singh High Court- Manipur High Court
- Thank You Shubhra Agarwal