3 rd Grade Science Lab. Dem Bones, Dem Bones, Dem Dancing Bones The Skeleton Dance.
of 12 /12
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of 3 rd Grade Science Lab. Dem Bones, Dem Bones, Dem Dancing Bones The Skeleton Dance.
- Slide 1
- 3 rd Grade Science Lab
- Slide 2
- Dem Bones, Dem Bones, Dem Dancing Bones The Skeleton Dance
- Slide 3
- Mandible Your Bones Phalanges
- Slide 4
- Number Your Bones Your Hands 27 Bones 8 in the Wrist Your Skull 29 Bones 8 in the Cranium 14 in the Face Smallest Bone stapes (ear) Largest Bone femur (leg) Bones in Your Body 300 as a Baby 206 as an Adult Bone Grows Until Girls (16-18 years old) Boys (18-21 years old)
- Slide 5
- What Your Bones Can Say Im Male Im Female
- Slide 6
- Your Spinal Column Vertebrae, Discs, & Spinal Cord The back bone is actually is 31 segments. The spinal cord is the communication pathway between your brain and your nervous system. 45 cm in men 43 cm in women Disc Vertebrae
- Slide 7
- Slide 8
- Build a Spinal Column 1 Pipe Cleaner 4 Marshmallows 5 Gummy Life Savers 1 Zip Lock Bag Thread the marshmallows and life savers onto the pipe cleaner to symbolize your spinal column.
- Slide 9
- Q-Tip Skeleton Materials Black Construction Paper Scissors Paper Skull Q-Tips (3 whole, 18 halves) White Glue Handout w/ Bones Names Procedure Glue to skull near the top of the construction paper Use the whole Q-Tips for the vertebrae and the 2 femurs Use the halves to make the shoulders, arms, ribs, hips, and lower legs Cut out and glue on the bone names
- Slide 10
- Slide 11
- Skeleton Building Race Study the skeleton handout and the skeleton on the board. Practice putting the skeleton together. RACE which group can get their skeleton together the quickest with no mistakes??
- Slide 12