19 Simple Twitter Retweet Tips
Embed Size (px)
Want more retweets on Twitter? Of course you do! Here are 19 simple Twitter tips that get more retweets - and take 2 minutes or less!
Transcript of 19 Simple Twitter Retweet Tips
- 1 9 S I M P L E T W I T T E R T I P S T H AT G E T M O R E R E T W E E T S ( A N D TA K E 2 M I N U T E S O R L E S S )
- A f t e r u s i n g Tw i t t e r f o r a w h i l e , e v e r y o n e h a s t h e e x a c t s a m e q u e s t i o n
- H O W D O Y O U G E T M O R E R E T W E E T S ?
- You have to do some work!
- You cant just put anything out there and expect people to blindly pass it on. You have to actually make an effort.
- Its different for celebrities. Their fans will happily share any old dross. s u p
- Big brands have a major advantage, too.
- But for common or garden folk like you and me, getting retweets takes a lot of work.
- There are some shortcuts!
- 1. Share unique and original content Everybody loves to retweet the new stuff.
- 2. Break news People retweet breaking news stories more than anything else on Twitter.
- 3. If you cant be the rst, be the rst to make it interesting Put your unique spin on the story.
- 4. Give the people what they want Figure out exactly what it is that your Twitter followers expect to see from you. Give them that. Repeat.
- 5. Always upload a picture Tweets with images generate at least twice the engagement of text-only tweets. But only when you upload directly to Twitter.
- 6. Dont talk about yourself all of the time Seriously, nobody cares about you. But they do care about themselves. So tweet about them.
- 7. Leave plenty of space Not everybody uses the Twitter retweet button. Many folks still like to add their own comments to retweets, sharing via the old- school RT @ or quote tweet method. Tip: start thinking of tweets as 100 characters or less. This leaves plenty of room for a link or an image, and some extra room for old-fashioned retweeting.
- 8. Retweet others Really, it has to work both ways.
- 9. Have a short and sensible username Twitter allows a maximum of 15 characters for usernames but the longer yours is, the more awkward it is for people to retweet your messages. No problem: you can change your username at any time.
- 10. Use #hashtags otherwise it has a negative impact on retweets. But dont use more than 1-2 at a time
- 11. Use an exclamation point! Studies have shown that tweets that contain an exclamation point generate twice as many retweets as those without.
- 12. Including a link? Place it in the middle or the end of the tweet.
- 13. Ask Simply asking for a retweet can generate 3-4 times the amount of engagement. But you must use the word retweet in full (not RT or R/T).
- 14. Figure out when everybody is around Not much point tweeting to yourself.
- 15. Pay attention to spelling, grammar and overall readability Typos, WRITING IN ALL CAPS or twtng n txt spk can dramatically reduce your retweet chances.
- Seriously, one tweet a day isnt going to cut it. The more you tweet, the greater the chance your content will be seen and retweeted. Aim for at least 5 tweets per day. Every day. 16. Tweet a lot
- 17. Keep to a schedule Spread your tweets out over the entire day, and use Buffer or Hootsuite to plan your tweet calendar well in advance.
- 18. Stay on target Consistency goes a long way on Twitter. If people know what youre about theyll look out for your content and proactively retweet your best stuff.
- And remember
- 19. If you arent getting the results that you expect change the formula!
- Now heres the good news
- If just one in every 100 of your followers retweets your stuff youre doing better than almost everyone else on Twitter
- Lets go to work.
- Looking for more Twitter tips?
- Click to get your FREE copy! Y E S , I WA N T M Y F R E E E B O O K !
- C R E AT E D B Y @ S H E A M U S S O U R C E S A L LT W I T T E R . C O M | T W I T T E R | B U F F E R | H U B S P O T click to say hello