1620 tablet monsoon showcase
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of 1620 tablet monsoon showcase
- 1. ADVANCED VIDEO STREAMING TECHNOLOGIES AND PRODUCTS
- 2. M onsoons Mobile TV Vision
- 3. M onsoon Multimedia
- Founded 2004/5 by Team with 2 successful companies-Dazzle and Emuzed sold for over $100 and $40mi respectively
- Headquartered in Silicon Valley with R&D center in India.
- Shipped over 200,000 units so far
- Comprehensive IP in Video Streaming Technologies
- Significant Brand Equity/World Wide Distribution Channels-Sell into 50 countries
- 4. H uge Market Opportunity
- People are mobile globally
- Mobile TV a $51bi market by 2013-ABI Research
- Smartphones/Ipads exceed all other consumer products; Tablets now an unstoppable trend.
- Must be ONE box solution: Mobile TV for tablets & smartfones, DVR, Web Video, UPnP, DLNA, Big Screen TV from remote locations, Internet Apps & Services
- Retailers/OEMs screaming for mobile TV products
- 5. C onsumer Demands are Evolving Mainstream Bundled Services Cutting Edge Blended Services Converged Platform Content as a Service Tomorrow Personalized content on Demand Fixed Mobile Internet on TV Social TV Mobile TV Bob s Media Amy s Media Paul s Media Ryan s Media Fixed Voice Internet Video Wireless
- 6. Module for delivering real time audio / video without compromising security Delivery of Video to multiple screens in house and external locations Automatic NAT transversal and hole punching; UDP and TCP-both supported Quality of Service Algorithms to determine available network capabilities and controlling stream with adaptive bit rate control Controlling STB from off site and in house 1 2 3 4 5 Summary Technology Components Part 1
- 7. EPG and DVR subsystems for multiple clients; sideloading and direct recording on multiple clients with DRM UPnP, DLNA compliant streaming Browser on TV, Google TV, Yahoo Widgets, Applications Expansion Hardware designs, customization Summary Technology Components Part 2 6 7 8 9
- 8. W hat is unique about the Vulkano
- TV ANYWHERE- Watch ALL TV channels LIVE-on computers, smart phones and Pads-thru wifi or 3g worldwide
- DVR -Schedule a Recording on
- Vulkano Hard Drive or SD Card;
- transfer to any smart phone/
- computer/ pad for later viewing; or stream from hard drive; OR Record natively on any client.
- INTERNET TV- Watch Youtube,
- Google TV, Netflix, other services
- MOBILE DEVICES/ COMPUTERS to TV-Stream content, photos, music from cameras, smart phones, pads, computers to TV without messy cables.
- WATCH CONTENT ON BIG SCREEN TV
- Watch from Room-to-Room and
- Watch from remote location
- Watch TV Anywhere. Pause Button. Change Channels.
- Record Live TV on Tablets
- Or Transfer Recorded Content on Vulkano SD card/HDD to Tablet
- EPG resident on Tablet
- Resolution near HD. Dependent on Bandwidth
- Stream from Tablets to big screen TV-music, fotos or video recorded on tablets. Or Internet Channels.
- 10. $99 Vulkano Flow
- Streams Video/TV Content from home STB to smartphones, computers, pads
- Impulse Buy at Mass Merchants
- Wireless connectivity
- Users can record content on their devices no matter where they are
- Easy Installation
- 11. $ 169 Vulkano Lava (4G) & $249 Vulkano Blast (160G hard Drive)
- Streams Video/TV Content from home STB to smartphones, computers, tablets ANYWHERE
- DVR and Sideloading-EPGs for each client
- Watch content from a remote location/or another room in house on big screen TV
- Watch VOD, Youtube, Internet Content on multiscreens
- Stream recorded content or Internet channels from UpnP/DLNA devices to big screen TV
- DRM and Encryption
- Wireless Set up thru TV
- 12. Next Generation Vulkano
- Full HD
- 3D graphics
- Higher Quality Video on Clients
- Production in early 2012
- New UI
- 13. 2011 CES: 8 Best of Show Awards
- LapTop Magazine Best Of CES
- Best Wireless Networking / Home Entertainment
- Cult-of-Mac Best Of CES
- Over 3000 Journalist pickups from announcements
- Article Overview
- Over 400 articles in top outlets including LAPTOP Magazine, Engadget,
- SlashGear, PCWorld, Zatz Not Funny, InformationWeek, Ubergizmo, Cult of Mac and Gadgeteer
- 14. 1 M arket Firsts
- 2006-First product to integrate Place Shifting and Time Shifting
- 2007-First Place/Time Shifting product to connect wirelessly (in a real way) to home network
- 2008-First to demonstrate Side Loading
- 2008-First to demonstrate streaming HD over home network
- 2009-First to integrate-Roku, SlingBox, TIVO, AppleTV, Side Loading features in one box
- Multiple Tablet TV solutions will exist side by side
- Monsoon Tablet TV solutions have no geography or Service Provider limitations.
- Our Solution has global appeal. Does not require any NEW infrastructure.
- Box can continue to incorporate new services and applications as market conditions dictate-through firmware upgrades.
- Monsoon technology will go into smart TVs and DVRs.
- Revenue opportunities for operators and service providers.